Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Make my phone roam on sprint?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by mab631, Jul 27, 2005.

1. mab631

mab631 New Member

Hey everyone i just have a quesion I have a lg vx6000. And i want to make it so it will roam on sprint so i can togal back and fourt on which has better signal. If i go into menu and hit 0 followed by the code 0000000. I can force it to go into PCS but there is not signel while my friends sprint phone is right next to geting signal. Also i read around that if i type in *22803. It will roam on sprint and it does. But then it goes back to no signal. So is their some kindof hack that i missing from that menu that i have to change?

2. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Go to the service menu as you described above, then press 1 I think, and change the NAM2 SID to Sprint's local SID in your area. If I knew where you were we could give you that information.
    After you did that, just go to Menu 9-3-2 I think it is, and change the NAM setting to NAM2 and the roam setting to Home only and voila, there you go.
    Hope this helped, Welcome to Wireless Advisor!

3. mab631

mab631 New Member

I live on Long Island I think sprints SID here is 4162 and the channel is 650. When i go into the area number
    1) service prg.
    2) Field Tests
    3) Force Mode
    4) Force Call
    5) Data
    6) SMS
    7) H/W Test
    8) FCC Test
    9) WAP Setting
    0) Get It Now Setting

When i go into the number one it says ESN and gives some numbers notting about NAM 2?

4. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Ok, here's what you do. When you go into the Service program, which is option 1, keep going through it. You have to press the right menu key I think to toggle through the programing menu. You will go past all the NAM 1 settings and not touch them, and then you you get to the NAM2 setting, when you get there, push EDIT and you will go through the NAM2 setting and put 4162 for the Home SID or something like that. See if that helps.

5. mab631

mab631 New Member

I tired pushing all the arrow keys and the left menu key is OK and the right menu key is Exit. I did not push any numbers so i don't know what that will do. Becuase i don't want to edit the number in there becuase they seam important

6. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Don't edit anything other than when you get to your NAM2 setting, push OK and move past all the other numbers, but when you get to NAM2 press edit and when you get to the NAM2 SID put in Sprint's SID in the Area and then push ok until you get out of the service program. It's not hard at all :)

7. mab631

mab631 New Member

When i do push ok it does move me though but their is no NAM2? The is only a NAM1?

8. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    There has to be a NAM2 setting, it's easy to accidentally fly past it. Try it again, if you can't find it I'll get out my VX 6000 and do it with you.

9. mab631

mab631 New Member

I went though it many times 3 or more. If you sign on yahoo we can do a im chat (be much easyer) becuase it is not in there as far as i can see.

10. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Ok, hang on. Let me get my phone. I will get on yahoo.