Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

M-Services error (PST)

Discussion in 'Apps ~ Ringtones ~ Games ~ Wallpapers ~ Mods' started by Lik, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Lik

Lik New Member

Hello, I recently purchased a USB Data Cable and had managed to get all the proper drivers and have various programs such as GAGIN and PST to recognize my phone. In the future I would like to be able to add ringtones, pictures, and games to my phone. So far I've only been able to add my own pictures through GAGIN which allows me to place in a .gif image with the same file name as a picture already set on the phone (which is kind of lame when I think about it, but I'm just beginning.)

Anyway, I use the M-Services Backup Editor program to add either an image, a ringtone, or both and save it as a .ems file. When I open the file through PST 6.7 and attempt to send it to my phone halfway through the process it gives me this error:

================================================

M-Serves Restore operation aborted

This M-Services data has been read from a different phone platform than the connected
    phone. Use an EMS file created for the connected phone platform.

=================================================

Could you please help me out and possibly tell me what I am doing wrong? If there is a way to fix this mistake I'd appreciate your help. If you have some instructions for me, could you tell me what to do step-by-step since I'm new at this. Thanks for reading!

- Likki

P.S. I'm using a Motorola T720 with Verizon.