Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Lost phone, replacement options with Verizon

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by smalltalker, Mar 7, 2003.

1. smalltalker

smalltalker New Member

Where did all the smiling faces in the Verizon ads go?

My son lost his phone yesterday (Motorola 720, aaarrrgh!). He probably lost it on the road during a snowstorm so it is presumed destroyed. No insurance.

I reported it missing and intend to find a cheap replacement on ebay, etc. But just for the heck of it I called the Verizon store. It's a pretty new account so their only choice was to buy one at "full retail." I think their cheapest right now is a Motorola V120C (or something close to that) at a very inflated $229.

I have an old Qualcomm QCP-820, this is dual mode, his plan requires tri-mode. They said we could activate it but every call would be billed as roaming.

Is there anything else that could help me? (home/car insurance, buy a VZ prepaid and activate the phone on his monthly account, have the next one implanted in his brain...)

2. Jimi77

Jimi77 New Member

My Phone:
    LG Vx8100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Many store do offer an oops program where they offer $50 off retail for lost/stolen phones.
    Although some insurance policies do cover cell phones. You will have to check with your insurance company..

3. mreg

mreg Member

My Phone:
    Audiovox CDM-9900
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I don't think you'll have a lot of luck with your homeowners insurance -- you probably have a deductible. For about $100 you should be able to get a like-new LG TM-510 on eBay -- it's a good phone, although not color, and less painful to lose than a more expensive model. I don't know how old your son is, but my 16-year old godson has one and likes it.

4. jones

jones Silver Senior Member

what if you trade in an old phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Suliman

Suliman Senior Member

My Phone:
    Katana (2)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Millenicom
    I got an Audiovox 9000 with desk and car chargers that I don't use presently that you can email me about if you don't find another phone. You should be able to find a cheap replacement on Ebay, but if he wants a cute, sexy color phone, you'll pay alot there, too.

Suliman
    peterfield53@yahoo.com

6. batigolaso

batigolaso Junior Member

elevator: he wanted a CHEAP replacement. Not a rip off.

smalltalker: just check out ebay. There are PLENTY of options on there.

7. jediknight

jediknight Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    i had this phone before and it was really good, it is the audiovox cdm 135. you can find it on EBAY for about $30 used or about $50 new. here is a link for a BUY IT NOW for $50, though you can bid on others and get it cheaper. do a search on ebay
    good luck

audiovox cdm 135

8. jediknight

jediknight Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    for a bit more money and something closer to the 720, minus the color screen, look for a startac 7868W, great phone. on ebay for about $50 - $90.

MOTOROLA StarTAC 7868

9. jediknight

jediknight Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
  10. smalltalker

smalltalker New Member

Wow! Thanks for all the help. [​IMG]

It look like ebay is the way I'll go. I bought my AT&T Panasonic Allure there, although the first time I bought one I got a great deal because it was just the phone, no manual or charger. Big dope slap. After AT&T won't register it because it was reported lost or stolen seller says "I don't understand. I bought it at a police auction."

Is there any master listing of all the phones that will currently work on Verizon. I didn't know about the StarTac mentioned above. When I was looking around yesterday I saw it but only saw Alltel.

I'd like to find a flip style phone.

Well, once again thanks for all you replies.

11. mreg

mreg Member

My Phone:
    Audiovox CDM-9900
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    The fact is, Mr. Elevatorguy, you take every opportunity to hawk your wares. You are. in essence, spam. Keep your advertisements in the marketplace forum. I've reported you to the moderator.

12. jediknight

jediknight Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    when you do a search on ebay, include the word "verizon". for example, "startac verizon" or "7868W verizon" and it will bring up startac phones for verizon. i don't know about master list but putting "cdma verizon" in the search might help.

when buying off of ebay, USE PAYPAL, it's tide in with your creditcard and if you have problems you'll have a better chance of getting your money back.

on more thing, many sellers will list or give you the phones' ESN number, with this you may be able to call verizon and ask them if it's on their list of reported stolen phones or phones with outstanding balances.

good luck

13. lilprincess2

lilprincess2 Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    ~*~iPhone 3g~*~BB 8900~*~
    Hi smalltalker, is there any particular brand or model you are looking for? I seen a silver Lg tm 510 (never seen a silver one before and it looks good..lol) and it's going for $91..i dunno how to post links but..lol..the item # is 3011820158. [​IMG]

14. herbrock17

herbrock17 Junior Member

Actually the Motorola V120e is $139.99 full retail..............the Motorola T720c is $369.99 full retail...later

15. Suliman

Suliman Senior Member

My Phone:
    Katana (2)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Millenicom
    Some other inexpensive tri-mode phones:

Audiovox 9000 and 9001
    Kyocera 2035 and 2235

Suliman

16. ceric20

ceric20 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T (Cingular)
    Next time buy the insurance! cause hey you never know!