Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Apple Looking towards September’s iPhone choices

Discussion in 'APPLE iPhone, iPad Tablets and all iOS Devices' started by viewfly, Mar 13, 2018.

1. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone 6S Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    For the first time, I skipped an upgrade, deciding to forgo the iPhone X and stay with my 7Plus. Good choice and I was enticed with a 2018 X version that kept the physical size of the 7/8plus and gave me an even larger screen, notch and all.

If these predictions are true, it seem this will not happen. So a 2018 X 5.8” version is in the forecast for me. The 8 plus size features list is too downgraded for me. See below.

I’d go with the 5.8” OLCD and not the 6.5” OLCD. The 6.5” physical size is just a tad too long. The 6.1” lacks a dual rear camera.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JFB likes this.
  2. dmapr

dmapr Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    Looking forward to your review since we will be skipping whatever comes out in 2018 having replaced a 6+ with an 8+.

3. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone 6S Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    That makes sense to me. A big step up from the 6 to 8. I may continue my yearly replacement to a 2 year cycle also. Going to a 2018 X would be the beginning. I looked more closely at my kid’s X and I do like the smaller size (not wearing cargo pants as much anymore...;)).

The actual screen is more narrow, but a bit longer. I also heard that the notch is smaller, and maybe by 2019 it may disappear altogether.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

4. dmapr

dmapr Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    Heh, 6 to 8 actually took 3 years, but who's counting ;)

5. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    I skipped the upgrade as well. I am very happy with my 7 Plus and will have to see what the choices really are in 2018.

If I do upgrade, the 5.8” would be my choice as well.

I think every other year is the way to go, I was bored with my 5s and 6s, they were too similar to the 5 and the 6.

Come to think of it I was bored with my 7 as well and hence the change to the 7 Plus mid year.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. viewfly

My Phone:
    iPhone 6S Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I don’t get bored with my upgrades. I thought the last cycle was a meh since the screen was smaller, the memory less and the price tag higher. Even AppleCare was higher!

7. Ballerty

Ballerty New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Mobile
    What is next ?