Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Looking for Phone for In-laws

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by dtownfb, Aug 20, 2007.

1. dtownfb

dtownfb Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    My in-laws (brother and sister) have finally decided to get cell phones. I'm steering them to the Verizon Family Plan. I need some advice for which phone to recommend to them. As newbies, their needs are pretty basic. Some requirements for the phone is reception, reliability, cost, battery life. They are not interested in texting, music player, web, e-mail, etc.

I like the LG 8300 (even though it has more features then they need) because I have heard good things about the phone regarding reception, call quality and reliability. Also Verizon has a BOGO going on right now.

Are there any other phones that people could recommend for these newbies?

Thanks

2. Ellen

Ellen Guest

The LG 8300 is the one that I would recomend, after owning one myself for the past four months...It's great on reception, call quality. It's also very durable when dropped. I've dropped it a few times, and it only received one scratch from the falls. The BOGO deal on this handset is an added plus.
    The Nokia 2366i, and the LG 3450 are both good choices if they want a handset without a camera or all the other features that they wouldn't use. Compare Phones (Phone Scoop)

3. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Get the 8300, especially when you can get a good deal on it. the 8300 is a great phone overall, especially if the price is right. ;)

4. dtownfb

dtownfb Junior Member

My Phone:
    Moto E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Thanks Andy and Princess. I'll have them look at the Nokia and LG 3440 as well.

5. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    To put my advise in as well yeah get the 8300