Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

looking for info on opening wireless cellphone store

Discussion in 'Working or Investing in the Wireless Industry' started by jsonham, Nov 28, 2007.

1. jsonham

jsonham New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    att
    hello, im new to the forum and i have lots of questions. I have a location ready, which is kind of how this all started. We want to sell more then one brand out the store...but will this be ok with the companies we're selling? Helio, att, and verizon is what we're aiming for. I've worked as a manager at a cingular wireless(independent) store before for about a year so i do have experience. However, i know very little about starting one myself. Any information will help...Thank you.

-whats the best way of finding the right master dealer?
    -is the master dealer my only option?
    -are there any qualifications to become an authorized dealer?
    -who are the better dealers in the Northern Virginia area?
    -i used POSII for cingular, what will i use now?
    -will i have to use three different prog to cover three different brands?

These are just a few....well, Thanks again looking foward to you replys

2. Sprint Master Dealer

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Hello,

Here are a few suggestions for your business.

First, You can choose any carrier that is available in your area. If you go multiple carrier, you have more options for your customers. If you go exclusive and have one store, you must have a prime A location. Many dealers fail because a Carrier will fill you with false hopes of selling exclusive. Small business owners should have multiple carriers to get you started in the right direction. A customer will not walk out your store if you give them mulitple options.

If you decide on a Master Agent, you have two benefits. First, usually you can get out of your contract if you grow your business to the extent of selling exclusive. If your selling a fair share of 2 or 3 carriers you can decide who to go exclusive with in the future. Secondly, you won't have the pressure of quotas from each carrier rep. Now don't get me wrong, as a Master Agent, I want you to sell my product, but, I will support you instead of threaten your contract.

You will make a slight difference in commission going exclusive, but it doesn't make up for lost activations going to another carrier. The commisssion difference is so small that going with a Master is the right track to begin your business.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Jayson Zukowski
    jzukowski@platinumwireless.com

3. Sprint Master Dealer

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    POS Systems

If you carry multiple carriers you will activate each line of service online with that carrier. You can keep track of your sales in your own POS system. Most agents (dealers) have a few great choices in the Wireless industry in a POS system. I have worked with Retail IQ. Retail IQ is a great system with outstanding support. Teletracker is another POS company with a good track record. Teletracker is a little cheaper, but Retail IQ is my choice for a POS system.

4. jsonham

jsonham New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    att
    thanks for the replies, its much appreciated and this is all great stuff! im guessing there is no main resource i can be directed to? someone i can maybe call and just get a detailed description of all of my options?

5. Sprint Master Dealer

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    If you have any questions you can call me. 317-420-1130. Have a Great Day

6. cab29

cab29 New Member

hey i am also interested in starting a wireless store i have been selling wireless phones for 8 yrs if there is anyone can tell me what kind of money i may need and lets go from there please email me at caseyburney@yahoo.com