Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Looking for help accessing Consumer Cellular's ATT 3g network.

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by stew0001, Aug 26, 2012.

1. stew0001

stew0001 New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    consumer cellular
    Hi! I recently bought an unlocked Motorola Flipside MB508 with Motoblur.
    It's a smartphone with a qwerty keyboard (I have essential tremor, I'm 69.)
    I used my sim card from my Dora phone and it works great with wi-fi and gmail, but CC's tech says it wont work for their att piggyback network. Following their instructions, the phone just tries to return to att default settings and times out without doing so. would calling Motorola help? Would another CC tech know better?
    The phone cost $109 on Amazon, I love it and I love CC's rates and, up to now, it's service, but now I have this problem. I need a Qwerty keyboard smartphone that's cheap with a fast android os that works on CC's att network!!
    ~Stew

2. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Hellow Stew, welcome to WA. It looks like you have the forum members stumped with your question.

I will give it a try but keep in mind I am shooting in the dark here. Are the following the settings they gave you?

MMS
    Proxy Address proxy.mvno.ccmobileweb.com
    Proxy Port 80
    Proxy Push Disabled
    Authentication Type Secure
    Username <blank>
    Password <blank>
    GPRS access point att.mvno
    Homepage http://mmsc.cingular.com

Web
    Proxy Address <blank>
    Proxy Port <blank>
    Proxy Push Enabled
    Authentication Type Secure
    Username <blank>
    Password <blank>
    GPRS access point att.mvno
    Homepage http://mmsc.cingular.com

If these settings do not work, calling CC again might help, I don't believe Motorola can help you with a provider's setting.

Have you checked to see if your account is set up properly with their "Connect" plan.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. stew0001

stew0001 New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    consumer cellular
    Thanks for the response Charlyee, your settings are correct and I am logged in as consumer cellular but tey have three other att ptoptietary provider accounts buttoned in as well as me and I cant take them ot so consumer cellular says that's why tthey wont let me in. so i'm returning the phone and will look for another solution. But thanks for your ttime and effortt!!
    ~Stew

4. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    No problem.

Sorry to hear that it wouldn't work out with the phone you wanted to use.

Good luck in finding the right one. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...