Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Looking for better reception phone on AT&T than Nokia 5165

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Guest, Jul 20, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Looking for better reception phone on AT&T than Nokia 5165

I currently use my Nokia 5615 phone in SE Regional AT&T contract areas . Unfortunately the ( 1900 mhz TDMA ) service in Atlanta is marginal and I would dump them but I get good service elsewhere and I am on a pretty good grandfathered plan . I was wondering if changing phones would improve some of the problems in Atlanta ( ie do any have significantly better RF reception and transmission capabilty ? ) . Please dicuss a some . - thanks

2. Guest

Guest Guest

5165 is one of the best...its possible you may have a bad phone. The 6360 is also a good option if you are looking to upgrade.

Of course, you could also warranty exchange your phone if its less than a year old.

3. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Actually Atlanta is known to be a poor area for AT&T. Also if your phone works fine everwhere else but in Atlanta, chances are it's just the local service. From what I hear Atlanta is one of AT&T's worst markets and is the worst wireless provider in that area.