Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Looking for an app

Discussion in 'APPLE iPhone, iPad Tablets and all iOS Devices' started by Maximum Signal, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Maximum Signal

Maximum Signal Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon , Sprint , Millenicom
    Does anyone know of an iphone app that displays signal strength and what frequency you are on

Thanks in Advance

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I never found an app, but I do this field test mode for signal strength. Can be made semi permanent too.

While in field test mode, it will display there what you would normally expect to see in Field Test mode: nearby towers, and other technical details. etc.

here is one site that shows how.

http://smartphones.wonderhowto.com/...nd-exact-strength-numbers-with-trick-0138356/

3. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    Unlike Android and BlackBerry, Apple and Windows Phone don't give a public API for Radio Link information. I read somewhere there is a "private API" available in iOS to retrieve RSSI info, so it is possible to make your own app, or download a jailbroken app, but it will not be allowed on the Apple App store so you will never see a signal strength app there.

In short, your best bet is to use the field-test mode (as linked above) or get a BlackBerry or Android. Older BlackBerry's are the only stock phones I know that can show the frequency. I have it built into my Cellumap app for BlackBerry. See here:
    [​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    This is my daily display on my iphone. Touching the upper right corner will to toggle between dBm and a bar display. It becomes part of the back up and has transferred automatically with every iPhone upgrade from my 3G to the 5.

The -88 is -88 dBm.

Very useful. Mostly I keep it in dBm mode. Doesn't require jailbreaking.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. RadioRaiders

Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    Just to clarify, that is not an app but rather built into the OS itself. Yes, useful, and yes shows RSSI (but obviously not frequency). If a developer like me was to build an app that required the Cell ID or RSSI, we would only be able to build the app for the jailbroken world, as Apple would not allow this app in their app store.

6. Maximum Signal

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    In field test mode you can get RSSI but not the frequency . My partner in LA i3 an apple user and he is field testing our new proto type amplifiers that are now 5 Bands so he wanted to see what frequency he is on . There are apps for Jailbroken iphones that do it but he does not want to do that . I have an android and there are numerous apps that let me see what frequencies I am on.. We were just looking for the same for him .

Thanks

7. RadioRaiders

Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    There isn't any Android API for frequency. The only way it's possible is with a field-test screen on certain phones, for example:
    Field Test Display: Samsung Galaxy S Field Test Mode

8. Maximum Signal

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Our engineers claims to have some that do , The signal apps I already have give alot of info