Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Live on Ma and Conn Border Need Service

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hello All,
    Right now i have cingular wireless and it doesn't work to good here in my area..It is always dropping calls or it breaks up all the time..My wife works 3 miles away from home and it is hard to talk when she calls..However i use to have Bell Atlantic Mobil back in the day but was paying $60 and using the phone for 10 mins a month sometimes so thats why i dropped them..I also tried voicestream and was unable to place calls from my house..So really it looks like i am going to go back to verizon now..I was thinking about Att or sprint but i am not sure there either.,When i have BAm the service was great infact i still have the phone Bam 300D...Has anyoone tried this phone Audiovox CDM 8100? That is $79 for one year contract..Any advice is appreciated...If i go with verizon i getting america's choice 300 min for $35......

2. wbandyjr74

wbandyjr74 New Member

My Phone:
    LG VOYAGER
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VerizonWireless
    I am planing on buying this phone tomorrow..I wonder if radio shack sells the same thing at the same price as it is on the verizon site?

3. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    No, Radio Shack is usually cheaper then Verizon's main stores or there online one.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

WHERE on the border do you live? If it's the Litchfield County area of WEstern CT, be advised that Verizon does NOT offer service there. That is ATT country. Your Verizon phone will be roaming analog in Litchfield. Of course, if you're in/near Hartford county or East, you'll be fine. Verizon is good all over MA.

If you truly only use 10 minutes per month, you might want to consider prepay -- Verizon FreeUp. Cheapest 'plan' is $15 per month, payable in advance, which gives you about 30+ minutes of time depending on when and where you use it.

5. bfbchief

bfbchief New Member

Good question, where do you live on the border? I live on the CT/MA border in Eastern CT. I have both Verizon and Sprint both work Great. Verizon has MUCH better customer service than Sprint. But Sprint does have good coverage in my area also. My wife has Cingular and while the coverage has gotten better Verizon and Sprint are still better.

But it would help to know what area you live in....

6. wbandyjr74

wbandyjr74 New Member

My Phone:
    LG VOYAGER
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VerizonWireless
    I live on the dudley , thompson line

7. bfbchief

bfbchief New Member

I live in Woodstock...believe it or not Verizon service is good in Woodstock, as well as sprint (Verizon is better though).

Verizon and Sprint work GREAT in Putnam.

I haven't been up on the Thompson/Dudley line in a while, but I would say that Verizon works good there. I know it works good in Southbridge.

Maybe I will take a ride up to the Thompson/Dudley line tonight and see how my sprint and verizon phones are.

8. wbandyjr74

wbandyjr74 New Member

My Phone:
    LG VOYAGER
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VerizonWireless
    Yes i have my verizon phone from before and the single is strong here..I think i will go with verizon but i am only going to get a 1 year contract..I have a question tho..Some people have 2 services.Doesn't it suck to get into 2 contracts? By the way cingualar is for the birds in this area for sure!

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey Guy's,
    Well i went to radio shack and got the america's choice plan for $35 and came with like 4 thosand night and weekend minutes.,I bought the motorola 120c phone for $29.99..However i called *611 to make sure they gave me the extra minutes which they did,But the first call dropped.Then the second time i called i asked the lady if i was cutting out and she said no.However i told her and she told me to *18 and that would fix it.Well it still not staticy but i will miss a word in a sentence here and there..Do i have 3 days to bring it back? Radioshack said yes but i dont see it on the contract thanx.

10. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    If your not happy go back to radio trap at once

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Guest

Guest Guest

tey took it back and i will wait 3 more months till my cingular contract is up.

12. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    cool: Could have been some settings in the phone

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...