Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

NORTHEAST U.S. -- Litchfiled torrington harwinton bristol

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by johnner1999, Oct 11, 2008.

1. johnner1999

johnner1999 Junior Member

So with all of the new towers going up.... who do you guys think is better in these areas, Litchfield, Torrington, Harwinton and Bristol. Verizon or Sprint? I like the Instinct better then the Dare BUT I really want a phone that has a decent network, also with Sprint I can save some extra money :)

Thanks for the help

2. johnner1999

why was this removed from the Northeast section?????

3. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Because we are preparing to close that forum within a day or so. Once it is closed nobody will be able to reply to this thread unless it was moved. I just added the proper thread prefix for you. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

-Jay

http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/northeastern-us-wireless-forum/announcements.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #3 Jay2TheRescue, Oct 12, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  4. ace41690

ace41690 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Well since i live in this area i suppose icould help you. Im not sure what new towers your talking about since i only know of one in litchfield. Anyway, I have sprint. Sprint is as good as it gets in litchfield. Its perfect in torrington. Ive been to bristol a lot and never really had a problem. Im not sure about Harwinton, I dont really go there. There network is pretty good up here considering how out in the sticks it is. It doesn't work at my house, but Verizon does, so the phone falls back on verizon for roaming anyway. You probably wont be dissapointed in Sprints coverage. You can always force the phone to roam and be on verizon anyway, so basically its almost like you have both networks.

5. KyleAndMelissa22

KyleAndMelissa22 Woot Woot, Splat !!!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    LG Lucid 3 / G4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless (SID 299, NID 173)
    I heard Sprint's new phones have disabled forced roaming.
    The only Sprint phones left with the force roaming option are those made prior to this year (estimate).

Or is Sprint still selling phones that allow forced roaming?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ace41690

ace41690 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    That would be very upsetting. It is one of the reasons i have stuck with Sprint.

7. ace41690

ace41690 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I have just discovered that verizon is apparently going 800mhz in litchfield county. Therefore they are going to have much broader coverage than sprint does.

8. johnner1999

I have not been on the forums for awhile. I am sorry I didn't read some of the other posts :loony:

Thank you for moving it then :)

9. johnner1999

Not what I really wanted to here - LOL

I like the Instinct better then the Dare :-( it seems more like the iPhone with visual voicemail and a log of previous sms's; plus better extras with the sprint service (not to mention costs less per month...

But I am really tired of either me or my wife (or other people like my boss for example) calling and having my phone go stright to voicemail or having failed calls after failed calls with my 3G iPhone GRRRRRR :)

So I might go with a device that I don't like as much - at least it will be more reliable.

thanks again - any thing else that might make sway to Sprint?

Does the Dare support the 800MHz range?

10. ace41690

ace41690 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Well i mean, the coverage with sprint really is good enough. I mean usually as long as your not going way, waaayy out in the sticks, they have service. They wouldve been almost identical, yet slightly better than verizon was had vzw not just tunred 800. Check about the forced roaming, even if u cant force roam on instict u will still get roaming service if there is absolutely no sprint signal. Also, sprints data network is far superior to verizons imo. Ive always found it to be much, MUCH faster.

11. liagb59

liagb59 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Katana II
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    True, Sprint is better, I am in Ct. too, and I find that it is better and I did hear that Sprint's new phones will not have roaming. that upsets me that is why I am with the Katana II it roams and I need it when I go to Pa in the sticks it does use Verizon there. But Sprint does save you money, and I still have free incoming plans and it is great....:)

12. johnner1999

I'm back and still with AT&T and my iPhone... been looking at all of the new phones and well I have a curve ball question...

What about the dark horse - TMobile? I really like the G1 and seems the most like the iPhone so far.

I used the coverage map on tmobiles site and it seems OK but I was looking to see what you folks here thought?

Thanks in advance

13. ace41690

ace41690 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Tmobile has ok service in litchfield. I believe they may be on a new tower that recently went up on 202 between torrington and litchfield and I think they also added to the police barracks tower (YEARS behind all the other carriers, btw) But I dont think they are on the tower in bantam yet. They don't seem to have much coverage west of litchfield. Also, there coverage maps are now greatly exaggeratted. You would be much better off with Sprint or Verizon

14. liagb59

liagb59 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Katana II
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I agree you would be much better off with some else other than T-Mobile. A friend has it as she says it is just OK.