Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

List of Users by Make/Model of Phone

Discussion in 'The WirelessAdvisor Community' started by KevinJames, Apr 6, 2015.

1. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    @JFB: Wondering if this is do-able (or if you'd even want to do it).... I was recently reading a review of an upcoming Sony phone. I wondered how long they last because I'm getting tired of Samsung phones barely lasting 2 years before they start experiencing constant problems. If I had the ability to browse users first by Make and then secondary by Model of phone, I'd be able to select and send them private messages asking about their experience.

srsjohn21 likes this.
  2. JFB

JFB Gold Senior Member
    Administrator Super Moderator

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Simple Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO)
    I will look into it. It would likely be by making the fields like 'My Phone', etc searchable.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    HTC ONE M8

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    Sony is pretty popular here in Europe. They are good phones, well as good as any other I guess. I wouldn't hesitate to get one.

5. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    @RadioRaiders Okay, but in your personal experience, how long do they last or how many years do you keep them?

6. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    Hard to say. The company I work with has a relationship to Sony phones, so I have had Sony(-Ericsson) phones on-and-off for many years. Generally they are well made. Actually, my wife still uses a w910 phone from 2007 because she has some games installed on there (!!) (she doesn't use it as a phone, just for the games). I have a Sony "Play" phone (Playstation phone) from maybe 3-4 years ago that I use as a backup sometimes. The only problem I had was with a Xperia SP, it came with a faulty proximity sensor from day 1 and I never bothered to exchange or repair it. Except for that, none of the phones I had ever had any problems. Like I said, I'd recommend them.

KevinJames likes this.
  7. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Chiming in with a good word for Sony, the Xperia X10 was my first Android, it had one of the best build qualities and worked as it was supposed to.

It had Eclaire and Death Star dropped support for it and I ended by de branding and updating directly from Sony's website.

I can't say what it would do in two yeas, I had it for almost 8 months (pretty average at that time) and never had a problem with it. To me that means a lot specially with a OS that was brand new to me.

IIRC, that was Sony's first Android device as well.

KevinJames likes this.
  8. scottb

scottb Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I can't remember using one phone for two years but I have two Sony Xperia Z3 Compact phones right now. I am using one for this post and it is a great phone. Unfortunately the other is at Sony for repairs now because it shut off and never came back on after about six weeks of use.

9. dmapr

dmapr Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel XL
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless; MTS
    That sucks, but at least it's under warranty, right?

10. scottb

scottb Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S9
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Yes, it is under warranty. They've had it for more than a week. Hope to have it back soon.

11. our3rotts

our3rotts An Iowa Gurl...

My Phone:
    Google Pixel
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZN - 4G
    I had a couple different HTC phones - they are rooted, but the kids actually still use the ERIS sometimes. My mom has my ReZound because she lost her flip phone and really wanted to go to a smartphone but wasn't sure about extending a contract for a brand new one.
    I've had my Moto RazrM for 1.5 years now - but think I'm going to jump back to HTC in the next several weeks. I think some people just find that brand they are comfortable with that "gets" their needs and stick with that.