Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Lincoln Town Car Phone

Discussion in 'Central US Wireless Forum' started by Gentlegiant255, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Gentlegiant255

Gentlegiant255 New Member

I have a 1994 lincoln town car phone. I realize its analog but am wondering what i can do (if anything) to get it activated. ThANKS.

2. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    If its analog FORGET ABOUT IT! In fact once (next year) analog is off ,it won't even be good for calling 911 or 611 as it may be now. Good Luck.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yeah, Jerro is right. You may look into geting a new car phone put in. I had to have this done not to long ago in a new work van. Good luck.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Buickman

Buickman Gearhead/Gadget freak

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    BB 9550, Moto Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon on both phones
    Maybe not, it depends on where the OP is. Don't some of the rural carriers like Alltel and RCC still activate analog phones?

5. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I don't think so. When you think about how old the phone is, It would be made before e911 was put on phones and no carrier will mess with that one. That's a Gov thing.

6. yuri1419

yuri1419 New Member

I'm pretty sure that Page Plus will activate anything that will run on the verizon network. They're one of my 2 prepaid carriers.

7. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    No, Alltel will no longer activate analog/AMPS phones. In fact, I believe, according to the AMPS Sunset report that they're going to be shutting it off shortly after the 2008 deadline.

8. Gentlegiant255

Whether or not i can usu my original phone seems to be up for debate. Now i want to hear what i can do to use my car exisitng system..like anything..upgrades etc..thanks.

9. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    Are you asking IF your car phone can be changed to a digital phone?

10. Gentlegiant255

I dont care what happens. So yeah, any ideas?

11. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    It's outdated. You can't upgrade it, just like you can't upgrade the 8-track or cassette player that the car also came with. Maybe you can still use the external antenna and cable and connect a new phone cradle for a newer model phone, but that's about it.

12. Ironwalt

Ironwalt Junior Member

My Phone:
    IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yeah that's your best bet.

13. Buickman

Buickman Gearhead/Gadget freak

My Phone:
    BB 9550, Moto Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon on both phones
    Keep in mind that the antenna will be 800 MHz only since it was on an analog phone.

14. Gentlegiant255

i forgot to mention..the 911 still works..i tried it..make any diff? no bs here guys..i got 50 bux for whoever gets this activated..im just thick headed for thinkin there is always a way.

15. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    911 will still work through the 2008 AMPS shutdown deadline, after that nothing will work. You won't be able to get signal on the car phone because there will no longer be analog signal to get.

The only hope for having a car phone now would be having the original unit un-installed and then having something like the Motorola M800 installed in your car with a signal booster and external antenna.

The M800 is digital, so it can still be used but there is no hope for the existing analog phone that it's your car right now. You will be able to use it to dial 911 for approximately 3 more months and that's it.

16. Gentlegiant255

That sounds good. Will i be able to use my existing system(hands free, etc) or will the whole thing have to be taken out..im new at this so sorry if i frustrated anyone.

17. MOTOhooligan

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    You will have to take the existing system out. The M800 has its own parts that will not be compatible with the old system. If the old one is a Motorola system there is a slight chance that it will be compatible but something that old working with a current model is very unlikely.