Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Life Timer LG VX6100

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by 246, Nov 28, 2005.

1. 246

246 New Member

My Phone:
    lg vx6100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon,cingular,sprint
    I had to turn in a brand new broken (1 month old with 21 minutes on it). Verizon gave me another "new" vx6100 to replace it. While programming the phone I noticed the Life Timer is 65 hours. Obviously a used or refurbished phone. Verizon will not replace it again after many calls to Customer Service and visits to the store. That's the background. I would like to reset the Life Timer but after days of searching forums and googleing, I got nothing. Does anybody know how to reset these. I have a usb cable and BitPim but don't know where to begin as far as the timer. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. wgray8231

wgray8231 I don't work here.

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4 (temporary)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Was the original vx6100 broken b/c of something you did or was it a software problem?

3. 246

246 New Member

My Phone:
    lg vx6100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon,cingular,sprint
    They didn't say why it went dead, but I know they couldn't retrieve anything off of it. I don't think they even got it powered up because I couldn't get it powered up either. They did say my battery was fine but they made me buy a new battery for $40 and replaced the phone. The alternative was to purchase a new phone for $280. Of course they said there was corrision on the contacts and therfore not covered under warranty. They also told five other people with phone problems that were in front of me they also had corrosion and couldn't help them either. I really think that the corrision thing with verizon is a scam to get out of replacing phones. I did purchase insurance but when I got my first bill, the day the phone died, it wasn't on there and after calling customer service they said because I had a problem with the phone(called just prior to receiving the bill) they couldn't add it. So being with Verizon for a little over a month now, imagine how impressed I am with them. Just think 22 1/2 months and I could switch.

4. wgray8231

wgray8231 I don't work here.

My Phone:
    iPhone 4 (temporary)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Was your phone insurance not listed on your receipt from when you bought the phone?

5. 246

246 New Member

My Phone:
    lg vx6100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon,cingular,sprint
    To be honest I never thought to look at time of purchase. The clerk asked I said yes. Of course I looked at the receipt after receiving the bill and there's nothing stated on it. So my stupidity I guess but it doesn't make up for a phone that just outright died after 1 month.

6. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    FIRST OF all Did your read the warranty page (122)of the manual which came with the NEW phone. Your NEW phone has a 1 year LG manufactures warranty. FORGET Verizon. Ask for a loaner, and FEDX it to LG.
    GO to the store manager if they cant find your phone and show them page 122 of the book, OR just ask him for a new phone or another brand.

IF they wont help go to another store or call the executive office.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Go to a different store- I have never had problems getting phones exchanged that are even over 1 year old and have no more warranty. Of course VZW will give you a refurbished phone, but those should work, if not, go back get another one or go to a different store.

8. Jerro

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    andy, If the phone is one month old he should get a new phone. IF you exchange a TV or toaster in 30 days to a department store you get a fresh one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    You get a new one within your 15 day trial, and if you push really hard after that you can too, but they only have to within 15 days...tell me a different carrier that's better than Verizon about phone exchanges....I can't think of one.

10. Jerro

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    True, but page 122 of the book that I got with my 6100 says LG will fix it within a year. So IF one does not want a referb, LG will fix it free. Some stores provide loaners.