Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LGVX8000 White Screen

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by jagpanzer, Jan 10, 2006.

1. jagpanzer

jagpanzer New Member

Hi!

I've got a LGVX8000 that I've been using for about 6 months. The outside display has always worked fine, but the inside display started showing everything in a mirror image, and with negative colors. After a few days of that, it now only shows a white screen. I've never damaged/dropped the phone...

I was wondering if anyone has had anything similiar happen, or if anyone had any advice.

Thanks in advance!!

2. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Was your phone exposed to any liquid or moisture? if not i t sounds like a software problem, your phone has a one year warranty, if it's still in effect take it back to Verizon or whatever carrier you're using and have them swapped it for a different one...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ipbitter

ipbitter New Member

I have the same problem and this is my first post! I have 2 vx8500's. The 1st one went white screen after my son dropped it on the grass. The 2nd went white screen after my son had the charging port break on him and I, as any good meaning dad would do without a warranty and little bucks to throw at a phone that will probably end up with the rest of them "in the garbage" in 6 month to a year tried to repair it. I swapped circuit boards to get the board with a good charging port on it back in the phone with a working screen. Now both start up and only show a white screen no matter which circuit board or screen is attached to it. Any help would be awesome. Thanks

4. Batteries4Less

Batteries4Less New Member

For the vx8500 there is a do it your self fix found here on youtube.
    YouTube - How to Fix the LG8500 Chocolate Cellphone Screen

For the vx8000 the most likely culprit, as stated by Tony E!, liquid/moisture of some kind.

Hope this helps!

5. ipbitter

ipbitter New Member

I'm going to try it. Thanks a bundle!:)