Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LGVX 8600 vs KRZR

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by vicken, Mar 20, 2007.

1. vicken

vicken Junior Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I need help deciding between these two phones. I want the one that gets better reception(ability to pull in a signal and call quality) and is going to be the most reliable phone. I need to make my decision by this weekend.

2. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I'm assuming that your'e referring to the CDMA K1m KRZR and not the K1 KRZR for GSM?

Having used both the K1m KRZR and LG AX8600 with Alltel, I can tell you that they both have about equal reception and features. Obviously, I prefer the Motorola over the LG. In my experience, Motorola handsets are of better quality than LG though I did use an LG AX4720 that was very reliable, also.

I just prefer the KRZR to the AX8600. The KRZR doesn't feel as cheap and has slightly better sound quality, IMHO. I don't think you can really go wrong with either phone but I give a slight edge to the KRZR.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. vicken

vicken Junior Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    yes, sorry. I am with Verizon so I am trying to decide between the two phones for Verizon service.

4. vicken

vicken Junior Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Anyone else have any opinions or experiences with both of these phones. I am weary of the KRZR because the customer service rep at Verizon told me to stay away from the KRZR and RAZR. He said those two phones had the most complaints from customers with things like the phone freezing up, battery dying a lot sooner than it's supposed to and he said that LG phones are better quality than MOTOS's. He emphatically told me to stay away from the moto's because they are a headache. He told me the 8600 is probably the best phone I can get right now.

My 15 day trial period ends this weekend, I am definitely keeping Verizon, but don't know if I am going to trade in my 8600 for the KRZR. Sharing your experience with these two phones would be very helpful.

5. BEATNIKSHA

BEATNIKSHA Junior Member

My Phone:
    MOTO RAZR2 V9M
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Hi Vicken:

I just got off of the LG 8600. I missed my Motorola's so much. I used the LG 8600 for several months, it felt like an eternity before i got the KRZR. I absolutely love the KRZR.

the LG is a good phone, but it's not a Motorola. When you are used to Motorola, it's hard to get something else cause it won't measure up. The one big complaint I have about the LG is the space. What a horror that was for me. I download games, ringtones, i take pictures and i save it all on my phone. Becaue i didn't plan on having the phone for long i didn't want to get that internal card thing for it. My phone got so full i was having problems saving my text messages. i text a lot too. Any of my othe rmotorola phones never gave me an eyebat of a problem when it came to saving without having to buy a card. this phone and my activity, i need a card for sure. If you don't do a lot with your phone you won't need extra space. I think the Lg had 20mb or 28mb's of space. something like that. For me that is a big issue. i want to be able to save stuff and have my games, photos and text messages on my phone wihtout problem. I would get these wicked messages with an annoying beep telling me my text inbox was 85% full in big red letters or my text outbox was 100%. sure clean them out, but a lot of those messages i had to keep. I hated having to delete all the friggin time. i would take a picture, and i would get a messge telling me my picture space was full. What!!

Okay so that is the major complaint, but then again, i am a phone user. Whatever i can do with a celly i'm gonna do! Now the other complaint i had was that i didn't like the way the speakers sounded. they were kinda tinker toy sounding and hollow like a speaker in a tin can kind of effect. i hated that!!

I got used to the LG but as soon as i could i got a motorola KRZR. I wasn't so jazzed on it at first, but i got it for cheap so why not. I got back in the Motorola game and with a cool phone.

I like everything about my KRZR. It's as loud as i need it. the ringer is loud, the game play is loud, the speaker is loud, the earpiece is loud and the dag on phone is SOLID feeling!! Unlike the feeling of the LG, this phone is really solid for such a little guy. See, you can't mix it up, a weighty phone doesn't mean it's a solid phone. The LG is weighty cause of the size and battery and such, but its not a SOLID feeling phone to me. the speakers tend to get a little tired of holding on and sometimes feel like they are moving when you touch them.

The KRZR's color screen is sharp, not fuzzy. When i am on the speaker i sound clear and not like i'm in a can speaking and the people sound clear to me as if we are talking almost in front of each other. The battery life is great. I charge on Sunday night and my charge lasts to Wednesday 3 bars thursday 2 bars and by Saturday when i do a lot of talking and texting and the ocassional picture is down to 1 bar and then i just like to see it die out. Sometimes I break down and recharge Friday night if i'm going out.

Now, I broke down and got a card for the phone a 512mb card and i store pictures and such on there, but the hone itself had enough space on it to hold the things i like to do. For extra long space life, i got the card to hold more stuff i wanted to keep. i also love the photos it takes and i love the video it takes. My husband is always videoing something to me from him job. it's great fun.

So I say all that to say, i choose the KRZR. the sales person probably has a bet with a co-worker as to how many LG's he can sell. LOL!! JK!! Okay, really his opinion is like my opinion, we both have one as will lots of other people. Go into the store and check them both out. See how they feel in your hand.

I tell you i just plain got tired of not using a Motorola phone i was used to so i had to get back in the Moto game. LG is okay as a short term substiute but that is it.

I hope this helped you a little bit. My vote is for the KRZR.

And yes, i am a bit long winded here.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. motokrzr14

motokrzr14 Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8550 Chocolate Blue
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I personally think that the KRZR is a better phone...My sister has the 8600 and i dont like it as much as the KRZR..I mean on the LG you can change the display and you can't on the KRZR, but that is the least. If you are going to listen to music on the phone you are going to choose, I think you should get the KRZR because it has very very good speakers, WAY better than the 8600..so yeah i think the KRZR is the better one..but that is just me, i think you should check them both out too before making your decision.:)

7. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

Wonder what kind of feedback you'll get in the LG forum... ;)

I used to be an LG user and really like the UI of Verizon branded LG's but once i switch to GSM there's no going back to LG if it's to be used with the GSM network.

8. vicken

vicken Junior Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    well i posted the same thing in the LG forum but motohooligan removed it.

9. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Really? i see it....;)

10. PulseFT

PulseFT New Member

Hi there Vicken,

Last week I swapped the K1m for the VX8600. I feel lucky that I did, but I guess it is really going to depend on what you are using the phone for.

The K1m is a superior phone, by far, but only as a phone. It's incredibly durable/solid, the call quality and reception were excellent, and the keypad was very well thought-out, so texting is great too. And the speakerphone, I loved it.

The VX8600 is better at doing the peripherals. The Music Player works better (it loads songs at the music menu, not the player, which is a benefit once you start using it), and you can start the player without opening the phone. The camera is also superior to the K1m's, especially for indoors or low-light shots which are clear (the k1m was blurry no matter how steady i held the phone). 8600 also takes/saves the pictures faster. The outer screen on the 8600 is bigger and in hi-res (the K1m's outer screen is pretty lo-res). This means you can view text messages and missed calls on the 8600 's front display without opening the phone, which sounds like a small thing, but I was using it to secretly checking messages in a meeting this week and it's great. But the true decider for me was the Verizon UI. It's so much faster on the 8600 than on the K1m. The K1m lagged, and that was my main disappointment. That, and I couldn't get rid of the verizon red bars on the K1m. By comparison, there are 3 'skins' preinstalled on the 8600 that really are skins, they change the look and control of the menu system. Check it out in the stores. Settings-->Display Options --> Display Themes. There are also some animated backgrounds you can set under Settings --> Display Options --> Wallpaper --> Main Screen --> Fun Animations. But note, if you are doing a lot of texting, the flat keypad on the 8600 is not as easy to work with as the k1m. BTW, reception/build-quality of the 8600 is actually very good. So of course when you compare to the K1m it doesn't seem all that, but it will last you happily through your 2 year contract. Beware though, the speakerphone on the 8600 is low if you use that. Try it out in the store.

If you want to know more, here's a full comparison of the 8600 vs. k1m on howard forums I wrote last week.
    <a href="http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=8936937#post8936937">http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=8936937#post8936937</a>

Goodluck.