Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LGVX 4400 & Status Light

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by TarragonOxide, May 31, 2003.

1. TarragonOxide

TarragonOxide New Member

LGVX 4400 & Static Light

Does anyone seem to know how to allow the status light to blink like it does with the Motorola T720 (green= reception, and red= dead reception)?

Thanks.

2. XprtCop

XprtCop =- Legend -=

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson i580
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    LGVX 4400 & Static Light

Very Good Question.
    Theres nothing i could find on the phone about enabling the status light.
    Anyone else?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rallykid

rallykid New house = No free time

My Phone:
    LG 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint
    LGVX 4400 & Static Light

I have been trying to figure that out for a while myself. If it is there, then there has to be a reason right? It seems to me that there has to be some way to make it work as a status light.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Dantheswim

Dantheswim Junior Member

I don't think there is a way to make it work that way. It only flashes red anyhow, it doesn't flash any other color. Seems useless to me!!! Why is it even there, it just flashes when a call is comming in...thats SO helpful! [​IMG] I have mine set to flash when I get a new voicemail, thats the only way to get any use out of it I think...

5. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    correct that light is not for use as a status light. you can set it for incomming text messgaes or voicemails however.

6. gravy741

gravy741 New Member

How do you set the light to alert you of new voicemails and/or text messages??

7. Dantheswim

Dantheswim Junior Member

Menu-->3-->7-->4-->whatever alert you want to change-->'custom ringtone'-->'lamp' (at the bottom of the list)

I have mine set so it flashes whenever I get a new VM. It continues to flash until you push a button or open it up. I had it set to text message, but then I'd get a new text and never know it was there until I acually looked at the phone. Now it's set to light when I get a new voicemail, at least with voicemail it will ring first obviously.

8. WiggyFife

WiggyFife still knows nothing!!!

My Phone:
    Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I just followed these instructions for the vmail status light, & on my 4400, it only flashes a couple of times, not repeatedly as you mentioned. I just started up w/ VZW on 11/01/2003, & both 4400's are running s/w version 06.

Can anyone help me? This was the only search thread that I could locate. Thanks...

9. apaxi

apaxi Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX4500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I would just like to point out that you are all GENIUSES for figuring that LAMP setting out. How in the world did you find that? [​IMG]

10. WiggyFife

WiggyFife still knows nothing!!!

My Phone:
    Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I just did a search & brought this thread back from the dead. Pretty cool huh!!! LOL!!!

11. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    ditto!