Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG8600 on Verizon, using My Sounds as ring tones

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by kwayit, Feb 8, 2007.

1. kwayit

kwayit New Member

Ok, I've got a stack of files in My Sounds but I can't figure out how to use them as ring tones. Can anyone help?

2. TallyHoYall

TallyHoYall New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8300
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    As far as I know, you can't. Correct me if I'm wrong, but with the Verizon UI, the only files you can use for ringtones are the ones under "My Ringtones". Dumb, yeah... oh well haha. We all love Verizon! :rolleyes:

3. kwayit

kwayit New Member

Well, Sprint was the same way but I think that I have found a work around based on phone, not service provider.

bit pim, http://www.bitpim.org/ allows you to modify all of the directories on your phone via your PC and thankfully the 8600 is supported. My a900 Samsung from Sprint wasn't.

I moved my contacts to my new 8600 via Bluetooth however, bit pim doesn't support Bluetooth. I've ordered an 8600 to USB cable, but I don't think it will make it to my house before I leave for a full week of a business trip..... it may be Monday a week from now before I can try it out.

I spent a long time surfing and downloading various .wavs from freesound, http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/index.php and found plenty of free apps to convert .wav to mp3. I think it will be nice to have house back beats and typewriter sounds for incoming text messages....... IF this works!

Nice that I was on the PC when you responded, I'm down in Raleigh.

4. dani2525

dani2525 New Member

hey, i just got the vx8700. to use my sounds as a ringtone, i sent myself the sound as a pix message and when i opened it, there was an option to save as a ringtone. it worked perfectly.

good luck!

5. BWalker

BWalker New Member

I have the chocolate and tried to send myself one of "my sounds" at a size of about 315kb it said it exceeds the limit. Does anyone know the limit?

6. cwt341

cwt341 Junior Member

My Phone:
    lg vx8600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon
    mine are around 78kbs which is like 20 seconds long because that the limit on the vx8600