Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG VX8500 Drivers

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by rwsrichard, Sep 19, 2006.

1. ji5mmy

ji5mmy New Member

I dont know if this will help anyone with syncing their phones, but I was given the same error where my phone was being blocked by the provider for transferring things across, so, I unplugged my phone, reinstalled the drivers, updated bitpim, plugged my phone back in, restarted bitpim with it autodetecting my phone, and it worked fine. So, I am pretty sure that Verizon hasnt managed to block bitpim out of the phones, although I am sure they would love to. It might just take having everything up to date before plugging in your phone so XP, or even worse, Vista, doesnt try to tell you that your phone doesnt exist, which leads to more problems then in bitpim.

2. plunkard

plunkard New Member

Works Great, thank You Very much!!!!:)

3. c0d3c

c0d3c New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola RAZR V3M
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    i downloaded the drivers and got the phone to work with wmp sync but i cant charge the phone?

4. vlad216

vlad216 New Member

Had the same issue as everyone else, did the above, got it going
    THANKS !!!

5. skytricks

skytricks New Member

thank you so much for this upload! <3

6. TungstenIHC

TungstenIHC New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    im using BitPim 1.0.0 and it crashes every time i download from the phone :confused:

7. SILVER0307

SILVER0307 New Member

Hi there,
    I am having problem finding driver for vx5200.
    Could you help find driver for vx5200?
    Thank you =)

8. TungstenIHC

TungstenIHC New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
  9. SILVER0307

SILVER0307 New Member

Help!!!
    Can someone help me to find mobile software?I am able to transfer my data to pc. thanks.

10. TungstenIHC

TungstenIHC New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
  11. ohdaesu

ohdaesu New Member

i dont understand, i did everything, dl the drivers then installed, updated bitpim and then plugged up my chocolate but it still won't work. i got it replaced today @ the verizon store and since i've been home i havent been able to respond to it. Can someone plz help out. i really just want to transfer my custom ringtones and pics over to my phone.

12. ohdaesu

ohdaesu New Member

nevermind... i figured it out

13. cellanime

cellanime New Member

my computer didn't come originally with a usb 2.0 slot so i installed a dynex usb 2.0 card in my pc, anyway, i tried it with the newer chocolate connected to my new usb 2.0 but didn't worked however when i plugged it into the regular usb slot it worked fine

hope it helps,

what a bummer if your comp only supports 2.0, you think you'd be able to find a usb 1.0 pci card somwhere? lol

14. ayashinto

ayashinto New Member

My Phone:
    Lg Chocolate
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Thank U very Much:browani::browani::browani::browani:

15. DammitVal07

DammitVal07 New Member

I have the drivers, the cable, and still, though they see each other, I get a 'connection failure' message on the phone in sync music, because it thinks the device is unplugged from the computer...I am using Vista - have they just not caught up, yet?:confused:

16. mariusvamp

mariusvamp New Member

wow i can't thank you enough - i've been searching online for an hour now for how to get this to work!

17. ant73913

ant73913 New Member

it says that i need to update my operating system:confused::confused::censored:loony::loony::loony:

18. rain

rain New Member

Did anyone have error message operating system does not support this driver? I am using Windows Vista and cannot get the music kit to work. Does anyone have solution?

19. ace68215

ace68215 New Member

For those of you who seem to have trouble getting it to work. Try this (it worked for me).

THIS IS FOR WINDOWS

1) Download the Drivers from this thread
    2) Unzip the files. Remember where you unzipped the files to. Just for the sake of simplicity, extract the files to the desktop.
    3) From the files you just unzipped there should be one named "Setup.exe". If you want to use other programs like Realplayer or some other thing to change the songs in your library, you can go ahead and run the said "Setup.exe", otherwise, I believe it is unnecessary.
    4) Go to the Start menu at the bottom left of your screen and click on "My Computer"
    5) Right click on empty white space, then from the drop-down menu click "Properties"
    6) Click on the "Hardware" tab at the top. Then click on "Device Manager"
    7) Find the section that says "Other Devices", in there you should find something along the lines of "LGE CDMA yata-yata-yata".
    8) Right click on that, then from the drop-down menu click on "Update Driver..."
    9) click "Not at this time", then click next
    10) click "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)", Next
    11) make sure the option "Search for the best driver in these locations." is selected.
    12) Make sure "Search removable media (floppy, CD-ROM...)" is NOT selected
    13) Make sure "Include this location in the search:" IS selected.
    14) Click the "Browse" button
    15) Now, navigate to the place where you unzipped the files to earlier. For those of you that unzipped the files to the desktop, it should be fairly simple. After you find the directory, make sure to select the folder INSIDE it named "Win2k". Then click "OK". Here's an example of what my location looks like
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\Drivers\Win2K
    16) click next
    it should install, then give it a few seconds, the computer should refresh a couple times by itself, then it should pop up at the bottom right, Hardware successfully installed and ready to use.
    Good luck to you guys =).

20. ceti alpha

ceti alpha New Member

Hey I ordered a USB cable and driver disc from ebay. The drivers don't seem to work, but I downloaded the zip file provided here in the first post. I followed the instructions up to "click on other devices". I don't have that option. :confused:

Edit: Ok. Nevermind. I plugged in the USB cable and that worked. lol

You are a blessing!!! haha. I wish more people gave out instructions like that. : ) The only snag I had was plugging in the phone...duhhhh....and saving to the desktop. I couldn't expand the desktop menu. All I did was copy and pasted the drivers folder to my documents and worked like a charm.

Woohoo!! Thanks again! : )

21. chandleredmunds

chandleredmunds New Member

Thanks so much for the driver info. Worked perfectly. Now I'll have to get the memory card so I can download more music! Thanks so much!

22. sessalie

sessalie New Member

could you please send me the software for the drivers I am at sessaliepremo@yahoo.com

23. chandleredmunds

chandleredmunds New Member

Go to page 1 of this thread and click on "chocolate_drivers.zip" (in blue). Just click it on, open the file, and you're good to go!

24. ghall27

ghall27 New Member

Ace, I'm assuming you were running XP b/c the directions were a bit different for Vista. I was able to get through it, but still no dice. Verizon actually gave me a smartcard and stick to transfer the music that way, but now I'm having DRM issues with music I downloaded from walmart.com...and I confirmed that walmart does not prohibit transferring to phones, etc...it never ends...I'll get it figured out eventually though

25. alexiares

alexiares New Member

ok i dont have the USB cable for the vx-8500 but i have a bluetooth usb dongle and the drivers for the phone and bitpim installed, and i can pair up my phone with the usb program and shows it as being connected but i dont have the file transfer service. i cant connect it in anyway shape or form. if anyone could help me out with this, it'd be killer.

26. btobbon

btobbon New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    of course this may sound terribly ignorant, but is there a wrong way to use bitpim? for my vx8300 i remember it would send new music to the phone at lightning speeds. seems with the chocolate it goes slow? no idea.

27. Spunnion

Spunnion New Member

ok, tried downloading bitpim. sends my an erroe after dowload. that it can't find it's exe. tried reloading same crap!! Somehow I am also finding it dificult to find a driver for my vx8500. do i need to have bitpim first then download the driver at the begining of this thread? thanks for any help. I'm at the clock tower in the middle of town, ____ed and loaded...please help save lives.

28. brian445

brian445 New Member

i did everything posted on here and it fixed everything, but after that it still wouldnt sync with my computer, i mean all the drivers are installed but everytime i try to sync my phone with my computer it says mpt or mtp device discovered in the add new hardware in the bottom right, and then it goes away like 1 second later so i dont have a chance to see what the problem is...please someone help me, im about to go nuts..

thanks

29. peachy114

peachy114 New Member

Still having trouble with Vista. I can get to the unzip point of the driver files, but I get a message stating that "the version of the operating system installed does not support USB modem Drivers. Please upgrade your operating system to Windows 98 or higher". Please HELP!!!:)

30. bowenyu

bowenyu New Member

yeah me too
    got the same thing
    Please help!!!!