Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG VX8360 music/ringtone question

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by mom22boys, Feb 28, 2009.

1. mom22boys

mom22boys New Member

How can I set a song as my ringtone? I am new to Verizon, but this has always been simple with my other phones.

2. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Unfortunately getting anything onto a Verizon phone outside of their "Media Center/Get It Now" portal is impossible unless you are technically savvy at reprogramming the phone.

With Verizon's current menu structure, you cannot add music or 3rd party ringtones to you ringtone selection. Even using a micro-SD card won't help. Verizon likes to keep anything they don't offer off the phone. They use their proprietary rights to the Nth degree.

If you wish to pursue "jimmying" the phone to make music or other ringtones to work, you'll void the warranty and run the risk of killing your phone.

It is easier to do what you're asking on other phones (specifically unlocked GSM phones, like those for AT&T and T-Mobile), but with Verizon it's next to impossible to do without being a computer hacker.

Sorry for the bad news, but it's just the way it is with Big Red (Verizon).

Welcome to Wireless Advisor, by the way! :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mom22boys

mom22boys New Member

thanks for the welcome and reply. I was able to bluetooth it to "my music". Oh well....The local company I have been with has been bought out by Verizon. The phones will not actully start working till April. I was just trying to get my contacts, etc on the phone since it also does not take a SIM card. I hope the service is good because I still have a great priced plan.

4. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Being able to Bluetooth it to music should be fine, but it won't be able to be used as a ringtone. Verizon's menu system makes in impossible to do this.

I don't know if the VX8360 has a more open version of Verizon's operating system than the Voyager I have. If you manage to get it to work, let us know. If not, that's just what Verizon's trying to do. They want you to buy what you need from them, hence the difficulty in using methods that work on other phones.

As far as contacts go, you have to manually enter them IF you can't Bluetooth them. Good luck! :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Tokugawapants

Tokugawapants New Member

6. SteveNH

SteveNH New Member

Thanks for the post -

7. babybrite

babybrite New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I was looking for the same answer since I will be getting an LG VX8360 when I upgrade and I found this answer on the internet for you.....shows you how to do it and everything......I was skeptical about getting the phone when Mike gave the answer that it was completely impossible.....

Here's what I found it says what to do......

Using a memory expansion card:
    Your LG VX8360 sports a MicroSD memory card slot. If your laptop or personal computer is compatible with that card format (Most laptops are so-equipped), you should be able to transfer a music file (The LG VX8360 supports these formats: MP4, AAC+, WMA, MP3, eAAC+, EVRC, QCELP, AMR, WAV, PCM) from your computer to a MicroSD memory card, and then, from the memory expansion card to your cell phone. Your manual should explain how to assign the file as your phone's ringer.

you're welcome

babybrite

8. mom22boys

mom22boys New Member

thanks!! check it out this weekend

9. howie777

howie777 New Member

This really works and its so simple its crazy. Enjoy!!! This one is easier than what was needed for the e815 that i previously wrote about. The essential piece is that you need a sound clip of 30 seconds or less. You can either use Audio Surgeon, Nero or other editing software to chop up a full song or you can simply go to a bestbuy.com or other site that has 30 second preview clips that they allow you to download. How you get the 30 second clip saved to your computer is irrelevent, the next step is the important one.

Every verizonwireless number gets generated two email addresses automatically your 10 digit phone number @vtext.com and your 10 digit phone number @vzwpix.com the difference of course being one is for email and one is for pix/flix messages. This allows you to email and picture or text message right to someone's phone which could probably be in a seperate tips section itself but i'll combine them in the interest of saving space.

What you need to do is go on your home email, whatever it is and address an email to your ten digit phone number @vzwpix.com. Next, select the button to add an attachment and select your 30 second clip (must be in MIDI or mp3 format). Send the pix message.

It will take a minute for your message to reach the phone. If after 5 minutes it doesn't reach, resend the message. Here is the only tricky part. If your phone has a memory card in it, remove it before you read the pix message.

When the message comes through, view it. It should play the song on your phone. Press the options button and elect to save music/sound or whatever similar option your phone may have. This is why taking out the card is important. At this step it will try as a default to save the clip to your card. If it saves to your card, you can not set it as a ring tone. If you remove the card it needs to save to the phone to complete the request and saves the 30 second clip in "MY SOUNDS" folder.

Finally, go to my sounds folder, select the sound you just sent yourself, press option -> set as -> ringtone. Thats it! you are set. I have tried this with the RAZR V3C, RAZR V3M, KRZR K1M, Samsung a990 and a930 and know it works. I welcome you to try it with other models and get back to me to let me know what other phones will benifit from this method.

#9 howie777, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2010