Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG VX8350 help needed

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by mustang65hipo, Oct 17, 2007.

1. mustang65hipo

mustang65hipo New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8350
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Hi, I'm new to this form and need help. I just replaced my LG 8100 with an 8350 because the 8100 needed a battery and had some other problems. The 8350 was free after rebate, so I figured I couldn't go wrong. I am legally blind, so one thing I like about this phone is all the voice prompts it offers. I asked about getting the mobile office kit for the phone so I can manipulate my phone book, but they told me it wasn't available for the phone yet. I got the music kit for the phone which came with the data cable. I figured I'd just use BitPim with the phone. When I detect the phone it reports back as a vx9900 which didn't surprise me. When I try to access the data though I get a message telling me that access to the file directory has been blocked by the phone provider. My question is how do I get around this? I can't get software from Verizon. I just want to be able to manipulate data on my phone. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Also, can I get a USB data cable for this phone that will charge it while plugged in? If so, where do I get it from? Verizon told me it wasn't available, but since USB is powered and can charge other devices, I figure a phone should be chargeable through USB

Thanks for any helpl

2. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    I am going to get a usb cable soon I am going to take a look and then try to get back on this one.

3. mustang65hipo

mustang65hipo New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8350
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    If I can't get an answer to this by end of business day today I'm going to exchange the phone for the vx8700. Just that I need this functionality and I want to exchange the phone while I still can. I don't want to be stuck with it. I like the phone, but I can't afford to wait and take a chance. I'll also research this other places. I'll post any information I find.

4. dalittle

dalittle New Member

We are trying to buy one at the Verizon Wireless store today. They say they have one in stock but I will believe it when it fits the phone. When I have the mobile office kit in hand I can find out if it also charges the phone for you too.

meanwhile you may want to look at the following USB Data Cable For LG VX8350 - LG VX8350 Data Cable

5. karink

karink New Member

Hi,

I just got an LG VX8350 and also tried to upload my phone book via BitPim, no luck, "Access block by provider." And the phone is not charging via the data cable. Is there other software? Anything? A rudimentary Google search turned up just frustrated user messages from this week with the same problem.

Thanks...

6. mustang65hipo

mustang65hipo New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8350
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I solved this problem by swapping my vx-8350 for a vx-8700. Not really a solution, but it worked for me. I have the functions I need now. One odd thing is that when my data was imported to the 8700, some of the name spellings got screwed up. Almost as if BitPIM did a bad version of OCR to read the info.

Anyway, I hope the 8350 problem can be solved, because I'd like to get that phone for my Mom in a couple months.

7. karink

karink New Member

I was able to import my phonebook to the vx8350 when I changed the setting in BitPim to the vx8550...

8. mustang65hipo

mustang65hipo New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8350
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I guess BitPim just needs some updates then and an update to the faq. If I had gotten this to work, I may have kept the phone, but I'm glad got the 8700. It is the phone I initially wanted, but I did like the 8350.

9. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D062; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

glad you are happy with the 8700

10. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Here is a suggestion for you all why dont you register online at verizonwireless.com. Once you have done that you can take advantage of backup assistant for free it will back up your contacts for free on the network. So when you get a new phone it will put them on your phone in less than a minute.

11. mustang65hipo

mustang65hipo New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8350
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    While this is a solution, I am not in favor of it. I like the idea of having my information stored locally on my computer instead of some server somewhere that who knows who has access to. While it may be convenient, I don't consider it to secure. It may be free now, but as soon as many people become dependent on it, I wouldn't be surprised if a charge started being required for access to it. I would avoid that method.

12. jruss373

jruss373 New Member

I have an LG VX8350 and after my friend took my phone and squeezed the upper half kind of hard i tried to take a video and it just said "Fail". Then i tried to take a picture and it did just fine and this was a day ago and the video camera still doesn't work.