Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG VX8100 problems

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by jordanmix, Nov 9, 2005.

1. jordanmix

jordanmix New Member

so i just bought the LGVX8100. the main reason i bought it was that with my old LG 7000 i could make and send my own ringtones via the airwave to my phone with the insuraction on this page http://howto.daunity.org/audiovox_9900/ ( i know it says for an audiovox) but it still worked for me. now i tried the same thing with my new LG phone and it is not working. then i found in the direction this listed under "memory usage" it ask about "saving a sound file to the miniSD card & assigning it as a ring tone" the answer is " only ringtones downloaded via get it now can be assigned" . when i send a file to my phone and save it that is all fine. it saves under "sound" but when i go to set a ringtone it only lets me go to "my ringtones" and that just has the stock tones on there and the "get it now" option.

so what i am asking is there a way around this. i have read the other post about this and it didnt get it.

as far as the versions of stuff on my phone here is what i have, im not sure if i need my stuff flashed or not and it would be ok. i am thinking i need an older version that dosent have this option blocked.

SW version
    T81VZ04

PRL VERSION
    PRL 50430

ERO VERSION

BROWSER VERSION

GET IT NOW VERSION

any help would be awsome. what i am looking at now is that if i cant put my own tones on this phone i am going to take it back, and i dont want to do that becuase other than this problem i really like the phone.

2. 0oLakeShoreo0

0oLakeShoreo0 Senior Member

I'm not going to be a huge help on this, but I read on CNet that people had found a way around that - it definitely requires a little hacking. Take a look at the other 8100 threads here, there was a lot of trouble shooting when the phone came out - but all in all people seem really happy with it!

3. buckeyes_1

buckeyes_1 New Member

i just read this post... i made another thread exactly the same

i have the same damn problem man lol this sucks

its a sweet phone... but instead of buying a ringtone for like 3 bucks i just put my phone up to the speaker and recorded a song for bout 30 seconds and then i saved it under My sounds because thats the only place it will save...

then when i go to set my ringer it only lets u select My Ringtones.. and yea it has some stupid ringers in there lol

i have no idea how to hack and i dont wanna ruin my phone so a easy way would be helpful lol