Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG VX8100 converting files

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by xxdead0narrivalx, Aug 23, 2005.

1. xxdead0narrivalx

xxdead0narrivalx New Member

I recently upgraded to the LG VX8100 and I am trying to figure out how to use the memory card feature of the phone. I know how to use the part regarding pictures and videos, but not music files. I understand that you need to convert your music files to qcp or midi files, but I'm not exactly sure how to do that. I use windows media player and all my files are stored as wma files. I searced and searced for converters, but I'm just not finding anything. I just need to know how to convert a wma file into a qcp or midi file. I even went to the Verizon store to ask them, but they just told me to find some conversion program online and download that...the problem is....I can't find one. If anyone could let me in on the trick...it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2. rctroub89

rctroub89 New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Ok,
    I have not put songs on my SD card yet, but I know people that have. They say all you need to do is change the extenction on the file (ex: .exe , .wma ect.). To do that, open the folder with you music in it, goto Tools > Folder Options... > Click the View Tab > Uncheck "Hide extentions for known file types" . Then just change the .wma to .mid . Hope I was a help, if it doesn't work, let me know, and I'll give you a link to a program that will put it on the card for you.

-rC

3. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    if you just wanna listen to songs and not as rintones. then just upload your mp3 as an mp3 on the card in the MP3 FOLDER. then insert your card in the phone and press and hold the from play button for a second or two then play your songs. MAKE SURE you have version 4 software and not version one. the first version disables the mp3 player.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. rctroub89

rctroub89 New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Yes, but this was posted before the new V04 was out, that was the old way of doing things.

5. 0oLakeShoreo0

0oLakeShoreo0 Senior Member

Someone posted this in another thread on this forum, I think it would solve your problem too:

"just download them from get it now. or if your cheap like us get a data cable and down load bitpim from bitpim.com they have the 8100 now listed. download the mp3 you want then just change the extension to .qcp then upload it to the phone via bitpim"

The upgrade to enable the MP3 player is available I know, so make sure you've gotten that from the store before you try!