Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG VX7000 vs Motorola V265 Reception? Would an Extendable Antenna Help?

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by Gamer03, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    So far Verizon is ok inside buildings, but I wonder if the Motorola V265 or A670 (both with the extendable antennas) be able to hold onto a signal better inside buildings than the VX7000?

The assistant manager that sold us these phones said that the A670 and the V265 antennas wouldn't help one bit. Is this true?

I wonder if Alltel would be better on my campus? Or would it be the same due to me roaming on their network for free?

I will have to perform further tests.

Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Gamer, I have used both the 7000 and the A670. As I mentioned in my other post my house is in a fringe area so reception was very important to me. In my experience the A670 has marginally better reception than the 7000 but what was best about the A670 was the crystal clear the voice quality, so I guess I would vote for the A670.

The 7000 did have a plus though, it was easy to force it to 850 Mhz, which is USCC and Verizon's roaming partner in WI, and I would get better reception from inside the house then.

HTH

Good luck with the all the changes in phone/carriers that you are making.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sillybilly

sillybilly Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Mesmerize
    Wireless Provider(s):
    USCC
    Gamer, the v265 pulled in one heck of a signal! I was able to make and hold calls in my basement where as my vx6100 can not!! The v265 also had clear voice quality. I went with the vx6100 because of the screen and over all feel of the phone. If you want great RF, go with the v265.

4. Gamer03

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Ok.

Thanks sillybilly.

I will have to pick up the Motorola V265 then and try that out.

Like you said, is it better in fringe or weak areas than the VX7000?

Thanks again. :)

5. Gamer03

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I think I will try out the Motorola V265 even though the screen is small....but I can give that up for better reception in weak areas. ;)

6. sillybilly

sillybilly Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Mesmerize
    Wireless Provider(s):
    USCC
    I have the VX6100, not 7000. But yes, the v265 is better in fringe areas. Also, does Menu, 000000 get you to the service menu on the VX7000? That is what I like about the 6100. I can force it to USCC if I'm in a bad VZW spot!!

7. Gamer03

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Yes it does.

Motorola phones cannot be forced to use another carrier?

8. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Defininitely not so easy as far as I know; also Field Testing is a little more confusing, IMO. Try out the v265 yourself, or get in more feedback from people that have used both in frindge areas, but from what I hear, the v265 is a little better in those areas.

9. Gamer03

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I like the way the screen, keys, and clarity of the screen is.....since I have heard the Motorola V265 isn't as good as the VX7000...so I will do some more tests tomorrow and decide.

PS: Verizon is "supposed" to build out our area this year and "put" up a tower near or add cells to my campus, so I will wait and see what happens if I like this phone...or we will switch to the V265.

10. DMK1974

DMK1974 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V265
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I just got two V265's for my wife and I on Thursday 1/20. Seems like a pretty good phone. I get a decent signal at my work office where my previous V60i and T720 got squat. People seem to hear me really well. Personally, I think the ear speaker and speakerphone speaker are a bit "tinny". I'm pretty happy with the upgrade so far. I just need some good different colored faceplates so I can tell mine apart from my wifes!

11. mem7759

mem7759 New Member

My dad recently upgraded from his v60i, and went with the v265. Initially he really liked it. There were certain areas in his house where the v60i just wouln't get a signal. Then when he got the new phone, it "appeared" to be much better at holding a signal, as he now didn't have to go outside or in the garage to make calls. However, a couple weeks later, I asked him how his new phone was working out. Well, he exercised his return during the trial period. He said he started dropping calls like crazy, so he is now back to his old v60i. I think he is now a little gun shy to try again. Does anyone here have any updates on their VX7000 and its signal issues? I have been hearing a lot of good things about the 7000, and even thinking I might try the "all digital", when I am able to upgrade. I still have some time left on my current contract.

12. VZW TECH

VZW TECH New Member

i would not suggest the mot 265. it is one of the worst phones i have yet to see. i cant believe motorola would even allow this model to be sold to the public. i think this phone brings down motorolas name.

13. Gamer03

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Thanks VZW TECH.

I decided to go with the VX8000. I picked that up in mid-January of this year and I have been happy with it ever since. But now I use my Motorola Razr and my parents use our VX8000.