Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Lg Vx6100

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by LRando, Sep 30, 2005.

1. LRando

LRando Junior Member

My Phone:
    Alias 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Any opinions on this phone??? Thinking of switching away from the samsung digital back to tri mode. Thanks...

2. WiggyFife

WiggyFife still knows nothing!!!

My Phone:
    Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I've used the 6100 before, & I had no gripes with it!!! If your purchasing new, might think about the 8100, although it's all-digital!!! Good Luck & keep us posted on your selection & results!!!;)

3. I would recommend the 6100, as I have one. But ive heard some good things about the 8100. If I stay w/ VZW this will be my next phone. Good luck let us know what you get :)

4. LRando

LRando Junior Member

My Phone:
    Alias 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Thanks for input. It's crazy. Sometimes I find the more I read about any phone, the more opinions I find, both good and bad. Somehow I end up back to indecision! I have a VERY small time frame (Probably few more days) to do something before Verizon will say no to a swap. I called verizon directly about 4 days ago to plead my case, not knowing the phone was digital etc. They have granted me a 2nd swap if I want to go back to tri mode. I'm so undecided because I love the samsung sch-a670. Being truthful? I love the look, feel, ease of use. I know the most important thing is that it WORK :O And it has so far. I just get nervous when I look at it occasionally and see no bars or 1 bar for a second or 2. I have been able to make calls fine during these times. It's the the neurotic in me wondering "what if..." It's not like I travel out of my area that much too. I just want to be secure in the knowledge that my phone will work when I need it most. I did HAVE (right before this one, for 2 days) the lg vx5200. Liked everything about it BUT the volume on the phone was low. Even at 5, I had trouble hearing people sometimes. Drove me nuts. So I swapped to the samsung, not knowing it was digital and what exactly that meant. No one really explained as it was very busy that day and I think they were trying to get people out in a hurry. So now I am still as undecided as ever. One minute I say, keep this one. Then I say SWITCH!!! And I hear the clock ticking... tick tick tick :p Thanks for the input, it does help!

5. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    The 5200 had good volume at the store that I tried it a, the problem may be ear placement. The speaker slot was too high up on the phone for me. Although one may get used to it.

Don't wory about digital, in a few years that is all that there will be unless the FCC grants exceptions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. LRando

LRando Junior Member

My Phone:
    Alias 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    that's what everyone seems to say..that it will be only digital over the next few years. Of course, my problem is now. Then I worry that maybe it's not so much digital, as this brand-samsung. Someone said that that could be the problem. HOWEVER, then someone told me that they've only had good luck w/samsungs. It makes my head spin :browani:
    thanks for all your feedback. You have been great.

7. LRando

LRando Junior Member

My Phone:
    Alias 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Well for those who have been following my "saga" I did go and swap out the Samsung SCH-a670 for the LG VX 6100 tonight. The people at verizon must have thought I was nuts when they heard my tale, but were very nice. I kept waiting for there to be a problem seeing as a got a vx5200, returned it for same due to volume issue. Swapped THAT for the a670 because still a volume issue. THen swapped a670 in for same due to signal problem (which verizon rep thought might just be the phone.) Then swapped in 2nd a670 for the 6100 (did you follow that ok). RIght off the bat though, I had better signal strength. Called hubby as I was leaving to tell him I was on my way home and he said I sounded better on this phone. SO we'll see. I will play around w/it for next few days and see. I think this phone will be fine. I'll let you know. Thanks again for all your input!:)

8. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Good luck with the 6100. Personally I would not suggest it to anyone as two friends of mine that have the phone have reception problems and dropped calls in areas that my phone works flawless. Good luck, though, let us know how it turns out.

9. LRando

LRando Junior Member

My Phone:
    Alias 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I think sometimes it def has to do with where people are located. I have heard good/bad stories about pretty much every phone. What works good for me on the east coast, may not work for someone on west coast. We'll see!

10. zamboni77

zamboni77 Supreme CadGuru

My Phone:
    Droid Turbo BN
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon who else?
    I told my parents to cross over from moto to LG and they got these phones, and in some locations reception is horrible....its a no frills lg cameraphone...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. LRando

LRando Junior Member

My Phone:
    Alias 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Really? Where do they live? At this point, I have it and there's not much I can do. No problems so far. I have had 2 lg's before. My husband and son both have lg's now and we've never had a problem w/them. Maybe we were just lucky? I've heard MOSTLY good stuff about lg's. Hopefully I won't be back here complaining about it!:)

12. Jerro

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    that is very true. Motos are generally good, yet I have been side by side with my LG and my friends moto's, my old Lg got out and his was in and out. So, it can be the individual phone, the location etc. I have 3 LG's, 2 are very sensitive and one is so so, all the same type.

13. zamboni77

My Phone:
    Droid Turbo BN
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon who else?
    They live in nj- great reception everywhere except a road right behind there house where my lg 4500 got reception (when I had it)
    could be just a random thing but funny when I moved to pa everyone who called me from their cell whether it was my cell or landline had problems until verizon reflashed their phone over the air. This is going back 3 yrs...To me LG sets the standard for cell phone ease of use, clarity and volume!!

14. ive never had a problem with my 6100. I dunno if its a problem as to where the phone's being used (location).. or it could be a software version problem.

i dont know what version I have, but I have never had a gripe about my phone. its the best phone ive had sofar and i really like it

15. Jerro

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    Never knew that they(VZW) could reflash over the air, are you sure it was not a new a-Key or something just reseting the initial program? I have always had to go the VZW store for a sw update. Interesting.

16. zamboni77

My Phone:
    Droid Turbo BN
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon who else?
    This was back when he had the lg tm510? flip phone....I couldn't believe it when they did it over the air...it was strange..They even told him to back up his contacts beforehand...
    But again this was over 3 yrs ago so who knows if they did even though c/s said they did.

17. LRando

LRando Junior Member

My Phone:
    Alias 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    What does it mean when you guys say "reflash?" I understand it has something to do w/your phones software and updating it. How do you know if your phone has a software update??

18. zamboni77

My Phone:
    Droid Turbo BN
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon who else?
    Under menu, hit 00000 and it should bring up network info and indicate what version of software you are running

19. LRando

LRando Junior Member

My Phone:
    Alias 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    if I do that, will I just be able to hit end and get back to regular phone? How do I know if I have the latest? I just got phone so I "assume" it's the latest?

20. Jerro

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    instead try display, then to version. But if you do the other,hitting end may not get you out, you just need to redo it.

21. LRando

LRando Junior Member

My Phone:
    Alias 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I found that by going into menu, then settings, then my phone info, it lists the s/w # there. Is this correct? Now how do I know if this is the most recent s/w package?

22. Jerro

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    It almost has to be if you just got the phone. You can confirm by calliing the tech department at the any Verizon Wireless store. If its not thay can load it.

23. LRando

LRando Junior Member

My Phone:
    Alias 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    thanks for your help. So far so good. I'll use it for a bit and then come back and give my "input" for whatever it's worth! :)

24. MHoot

MHoot Junior Member

My Phone:
    Razr V3c
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I think you will like the phone. I replaced my LG 3200 with one and love it. I tried a Motorola 276 first, but it didn't have the great signal that everyone said it would have and the menus were horrible. I think you made a wise choice!

Mark

25. LRando

LRando Junior Member

My Phone:
    Alias 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Thanks. I do like it. I did notice, however, yesterday at drs office I had no signal!! Now she is in a new development and her office is kind of far down twisting corridors, but I don't think I ever lost a signal w/my 3200. It was at 2 or 1 or nothing the whole time I was there and then right near the bldg. Maybe I just wasn't that aware of what my 3200 could and couldn't do! Never got that aware until going for this phone. Hopefully it's not a sign of things. The bars would jump too, even while I was looking at it. Would go back and forth. Once I got a short distance from there, it seemed fine. Maybe just a bad area I've never noticed!

26. Jerro

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    FORGETABOUTIT!
    DON,T WORRY! Its OK! The phone will be fine! The signal will fluctuate more in some types of buildings, its normal. So relax, stop looking at it. LOL.
    If you need to make a call and it shows no signal, move closer to a window. All carriers have fluctuations in signal in some places especially in buildings. Enjoy the new 6100. I just got one today.

27. LRando

LRando Junior Member

My Phone:
    Alias 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Wow sounds like you know I am OBSESSING about this.:rolleyes: You know, before I got this phone, I never paid any attention to how much signal strength I have. I just opened the phone and called. Now I'm constantly looking at it. I know I have to STOP. Nothing I can do about it anyway!!!
    One thing I'm curious of is this "flashing" that everyone talks about. How do I know if I have latest software? I go into Menu, settings and then Phone info. It says s/w version is T6NVZV03. I don't know how to tell if it is the most recent one? I also read somewhere about "PRN" (I think that's what people are talking about). They talk about needing "a new one." Anyone know what that's about? Thanks again for info!!! Let me know how you make out:wink:

28. LRando

LRando Junior Member

My Phone:
    Alias 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Just a quick p.s. to above. I assume it is most recent as I haven't even had the phone a week yet!

29. Jerro

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    Just call the Verizon store re the version, if you must know. Flashing is changing it (SW) at the Verizon store. FORGET IT for now.

2; It's PRL, that is the ROAMING list download you can but don't have to do by calling *228 and then pressing option 2 and following the verbal directions. The phone will play music then give a text message at the end of the short process. Then you can press save. The phone will restart itself and your done. This only loads new or different ROAMING information. They suggest you do this once a month, If your really obsessed you can do it 10 times a day, BUT it won't hurt or help. LOL. Why not leave the poor phone alone?

30. LRando

LRando Junior Member

My Phone:
    Alias 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Ok, ok here's me leaving the phone alone::p
    Do they have a support group for people like me? ;)
    Thanks for your input!!!