Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Lg Vx6100, 7000, 8000

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by Tony E!, May 1, 2004.

1. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    This is just a recap of LG phones that are still in testing and the ones that stand out in my opinion, are the 6.1K,7K,and 8K, we have been surprised by several releases but none are the ones that i think most of us are waiting for.LG-PHONES

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. CWick

CWick Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    L6, V3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Agreed, there have been some recent releases but nothing to write home about.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. xikle

xikle For rent: inquire below

My Phone:
    BB Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Moble
    The only one out of those that catches my eys is the 8000 because of the better camera. It's probably just me, but I never saw the point of a camera that was under 1 mp. It looks like the 8k could be a good option for those that want a camera phone over 1 mp but don't want bluetooth.

4. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

good point..

5. lildrummerboy

lildrummerboy Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samung 740
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon
    is it true that the 8k can support live video conferencing? I wonder what all you could do with that increased bandwith.

6. xikle

xikle For rent: inquire below

My Phone:
    BB Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Moble
    From the specs it supports streaming video playback, but it doesn't look like it will do video conferencing. Supposedly you will be able to stream video to the 128x160 screen. I don't really see the point of that myself.

7. CWick

My Phone:
    L6, V3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    A shame none of these have Blue Tooth

8. Delta

Delta Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    What would you use it for? I have yet to see a bluetooth application that would make my life better. I have heard good things in relation to Palm devices, but thats about it. I used that BT headset and it was annoying.

I'm all for that 8000.... :D

9. CWick

My Phone:
    L6, V3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I use an ear piece a lot, and hate the wire, so a BT ear piece would be the first thing I got.

I also would get a BT adapter for my laptop, and use that to pass files (wallpapers, ring tones etc) between the phone and the computer. Currently I do this with a datacable, but would use BT if I had it.

The ear piece would be the big thing, I travel a lot, car, airports, would be nice to be turly wireless.

10. bobby19711

bobby19711 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
  11. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    that's where the Moto v710 is going to come into play.. ;)

12. agentHibby

agentHibby Iowa Cellular Guru

My Phone:
    Nokia 6256i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Timeport 270c is bluetooth ready (yes I use that phone, but never got the bluetooth hookup) that came out in 2001 or 2002 to VZW.
    Sony/Ericsson had a phone for Verizon blue tooth also, only was in agents stores and not offical stores.

13. CWick

My Phone:
    L6, V3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Good point, and other car manufactures will follow. Our Audi A6 is wired for cell phone but only wired, and I don't think their connections support any of the newer phones (car is 2000). Having a BT interface could be an option for me, haven't looked into it yet.

14. Delta

Delta Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless

Ahhh...the Moto 270C...one of the best and most overlooked phones ever! I loved that phone!

15. twopiece

twopiece D'oh!!

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    The only useful thing I could think of with BT is to sync it with my Clie UX50 and transfer contact information. Other than that, don't really need it.

16. WillGayther

WillGayther Junior Member

I've never quite been able to find a real use for bluetooth either. Sure a wireless headset would be neat, but when a headset supports bluetooth it's always significantly bigger and heavier than it's wired counterpart. In which case, I think I would rather just deal with the wire.

For synching with my computer, I have a laptop. If I have to plug in an adapter to sync, I might as well just plug in the wire!

I'm not writing in a heavy tone here, these are just my thoughts. Perhaps there's something I haven't thought of.

17. GoodmanR

GoodmanR Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (Voice) + T-Mobile (Blackberry)
    Bluetooth can be really useful. Using a bluetooth car kit for example, is great. I returned my v600 because I thought it was too bulky, but I have a factory install bluetooth kit in my new car (which i am loving). When I had the v600, i didn't have to plug the phoen into anything, and was able to do full car kit functionality, with voice dialing and excellent call quality.

Also for PC synching....the Tungsten line Palm handhelds have bluetooth...in addition, you can get a lot of laptops with built in bluetooth now. its starting to become more common. all apple powerbooks include it as well. not having to plug something in is a huge advantage. .part of the reason CDMA carriers have been so slow to adopt bluetooth is because it is so easy to connect to a pc for high speed data connection through the phone. verizon and sprint both were scared that people would use their bluetooth phones on the 1x networks too much, slowing things down and pushing the data services over capacity. when sprint released their bluetooth phone earlier this year, they put a 5MB(maybe 3mb?) limit on data transfer monthly to prevent this from happening. verizon has solved this problem by timing out phones connected to the express network after like 5 seconds or something absurd like that.

back to the LG phones....the 8000 looks pretty awesome. just having a phone with EV-DO would be nice. especially if it had bluetooth. the 7000 and 6100 dont do much for me though. and the other lg phoens that have come out lately, are all the same as every lg phone that has been out for the last six months. this is like what sanyo and sprint do. they change one little thing and give it a new model number but its really the same phone.

18. RutRow

RutRow Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX6100 (trial)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    IMO.... A real advantage would be realized if your car is bluetooth enabled, such as Acura TL or BMW.

19. twood2800

twood2800 Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry Curve
    Wireless Provider(s):
    U.S. Cellular
    HEY!! im brand new to this, so yeah...buttttt i had one question if i wanted to get a LG VX6100 for Verizon if there ANY way it would work for US Cellular??if so helo me out ASAP!!!!!Also could i do this w/any phone that doesnt use SIM Cards? i need help!!!!

Thanks!:eek:

20. I love my 6100...

It messed up Sunday! It was showing "car kit" or something along those lines. Anyway it made a weird noise in the earpiece when I was talking to someone and I took it back and while its being fixed they gave me a...

VX 3100. OOOOOH my gosh it's the worst phone EVER!!! It can't hold signal worth anything, and keeps jumping back and forth from vz analog, & eloqui 1x/analog. Its annoying, I can't hold call worth anything. I can't wait to get my phone back.

21. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    I had a squeel for 1 call 3 weeks ago but it never came back, could have been the network, BTW, the 3100 is all digital isn't it??
    sure its not a 3200?

22. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    I don't think it's the network. The way Darryl is describing it, the phone couldn't even hold on to an Eloqui signal...Would be coincidence that both networks would have problems/towers down at the same time.

23. nope, its a 3100. Grey & tiny with no outside screen. When I 1st signed up w/ vzw the extra line I had was a 3200 but I took it back. And yep the 3100 has analog trust me that's all it will hold on to and won't even make a call then. I can't wait till i get my usual phone back

24. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    right; then its a 3100 A

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=272
    I dont think we had it on Verizon in this area. Just the original 3100
    which was all digital.

If your are stuck with it for too long, how about forcing it to CDMA only. Or just ask for a good one.

25. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Wow i posted this thread last year...lol

Your 6100 could work but US Cellular will not flash the phone to work on their network...

26. ok. I didnt know they made a 3100 A. I only knew of the 3100 and then the black variant. But anyway. I set it to CDMA only and then it gets a weak vzw signal or a weak eloqui, but won't make a call on either one. BUt anyway. I took it back to the store and its someone elses problem now. I got my phone back :)