Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG VX5200, CDM 8910 or Moto V276

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by aSperanza, Sep 26, 2005.

1. aSperanza

aSperanza Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Ready to get a new phone for my Central NJ VZ service. Any suggestions between the LG VX5200, Verizon CDM 8910 and the Motorola V276?

2. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    Did you go and make a call on them at the store to test loudness and clarity, etc.?

I did, thats why I am trying to keep my old phones a bit longer.
    The 5200 was ok. Why give up your phone?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. macsesso

macsesso Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Storm 9550
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizonwireless
    In my opinion the Motorola would be better than the other two. Motorolas are noted for their excellent reception. The LG does not have an extendable antenna and the 8910 was not well received by posters in other newsgroups.

Of the ten reasons to buy a phone, reception is number 1. All others are tied for 10

4. aSperanza

aSperanza Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Thanks I was leaning towards the moto, but I just wanted to make sure. I have been stuck with a samsung a670 for a little over the past year and it has terrible reception.

5. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    Just to make sure, is your area more the problem than the phone, because as I am sure you know the best phone will have only a slight advantage in a poor area. Some people love the a670 did you update the software?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Try the Moto IMO, it'll have great RF, but make sure you like it's features, form, etc.

7. aSperanza

aSperanza Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I know the area has lots to do with the service, but in places where I had great rf with my v60, I can not make a call with my a670. I update the software every month or two, but my understanding is that it's not going to do much for rf. I even went back to vz a month after I got the phone and they did some things but that didn't help either. I am so glad that my 1 year is finally over. Thanks again for the info.

8. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    If you live in an area that needs a good rf phone, then any phone you get, go to those areas and compare it to your old v60 that worked. That's my suggestion.

9. aSperanza

aSperanza Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I actually did not think of doing that, I should have done it with my A670 too. Thanks for the advice Andy.

10. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    You are welcome, anytime. :)

11. mcf04581

mcf04581 Senior Member

My Phone:
    T-Mobile SDA
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless
    Id go with the 276. The 8910 is a piece, the thing has more charging and blank screen problems than any phone ive seen before. The 5200 is a nice phone but the inside display looks awful. The outside display on the 5200 is nice and bright and LG's generally perform very well. Im a big fan of 276. Its price and feature set i believe surpass anything else Verizon has in the price catagory.

12. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Another vote for the Motorola. They have excellent RF abilities, too bad the 276's screen sucks, but at least it works well as a phone. My friend, as well, has had major RF issues with her a670, though I know others with the phone who are happy.

13. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    so do you think this was a specific phone problem or is an overall problem with the a670? I'm wondering whether or not to get one of those for my Mom as an upgrade to her Nokia 3589i.

14. aSperanza

aSperanza Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I would guess that it's the specific phone I have. I have asked many people that have it and no one has complained about it. I guess it was just my luck.

15. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Good question. My friend has had about 5 or 6 a670's replaced for various reasons. I really wish she'd switch back to Cingular, but anyway. She often has a loud static like noise on the phone, or her phone simply loses service/calls in random areas. That said, our local tower was F-ed up for most of the summer, thus prompting me to cancel Verizon and go back with Cingular. I can't deal with that kind of crap.

16. aSperanza

aSperanza Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    That is the exact problem I have. Sometimes I make a call and it sound excellent, other times (in the same area) the call is terrible with lots of static. Additionally, the phone will just drop a call in an area where I usually have no problem. Go figure.

17. LRando

LRando Junior Member

My Phone:
    Alias 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    As somone who had a Samsung a670 for about a week and returned it, I agree w/you re: problems. Maybe it's an east coast thing as I live in MA? There were times I had no signal at all. I could still make a call but it was iffy. There would be whole stretches of road where I had no signal at all. Previous to the a670 I had a nice cheap lg vx 3200. What a great phone. There was no where I went that I did not have service. There were times other people w/cell phones w/no signal would ask to borrow mine. I took the a670 back for a 2nd a670 because verizon thought maybe it was just that particular phone. The 2nd one was no better. So I took it back and got the lg vx 6100. So far so good. Nice clear sound, no dropped calls (yet). Still the early stages. I know all phones have there problems in certain places at certain times. But the a670 just made me too nervous. Of course when I took it back they told me that digital was going to be the way soon and how it's a great phone. I told them I'd get the 6100 and then in a year or so when the have the digital fully up and running, I'd switch. There really aren't all that many good tri mode phones at verizon right now. I tried the 5200 for a few days, but found the ear piece volume to be very low even on high. I am happy thus far w/the 6100. Hope this helps.........

18. Andy

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Thanks for the info, guys, I guess I'm not going to get the A670 then after all. My friend's Dad has one I think and he seems happy.

19. LRando

LRando Junior Member

My Phone:
    Alias 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Again, could just be a case of where we who were having lousy luck, live. It's a wonder anyone ever finds the right phone on the 1st try! I tested a bunch of phones at verizon. The a670 worked great there. 4 full bars of signal strength. Good sound. However, just the 30 or so minutes away from the store that I live was enough to squash that. So testing them in the store DOES help some, it depends on how far you live from that particular store. It's kind of a crap shoot in a way!:O

20. aSperanza

aSperanza Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I finally bid farewell to my A670 and replaced it with the Motorola E815. Although the phone is slightly bigger I LOVE IT!!!!