Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

lg vx4650 questions

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by lg4650, Aug 3, 2005.

1. lg4650

lg4650 New Member

My Phone:
    pn-210
    Wireless Provider(s):
    vzw
    i recently got the 4650 and it's great. a few quirkie things i'm wondering if anyone has an insight on:

- i see an icon 'silence all' listed in the glossary, but can't seem to figure out how to use this feature. i'm assuming it allows me to leave my phone on, but have no ring or vibrate when i am getting a call?

- the speakerphone button is, in my opinion, in a horrible place. i always accidentally hit it with my thumb while i'm on a call...anyone just curious if there is some way to disable that feature all together and then re-enable it only when i want to make a call using the speakerphone. ..i know, it's a stretch..

thanks!

2. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Verizon(former), ATT(former),
    Have you tryed opening the phone up and turning down the ringer with the side keys all the way to the bottom?

3. lg4650

lg4650 New Member

My Phone:
    pn-210
    Wireless Provider(s):
    vzw

sure have. that's how i used to get my moto i90 into silence all. but the lowest this will go is 'low' for ringer volume. there's got to be a way, but i can't figure it out and the manual didn't give any command for it, etc.

4. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    I don't know about the 4650 specifically but usually on the LG's , holding the star key (*) down for 3 secs puts it in manner mode (vibrate) and then holding it down for another 3 secs will put it into the silent mode.

Let me know if it works on the 4650 :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Just checked my 7000 and it only goes to manner mode and back to normal with the *. However, it does go into "silence all" with the side volume key.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. lg4650

lg4650 New Member

My Phone:
    pn-210
    Wireless Provider(s):
    vzw
    thanks charlyee, i got it now. the * was definitely just a toggle. what i hadnn't tried was just opening the phone and using the side volume key. i had always been going into the menu for sounds/ringer and trying to lower it from there. when you do that, you can only go as low as 'low'. but if you just open the phone and press the down volume, you can get it all the way down to silence mode. THANK YOU! :)

7. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Verizon(former), ATT(former),
    Ahh, thats right. I almost forgot that. Good to know it is still there.

8. charlyee

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    You are welcome lg4650, glad it worked for you. I have had a couple of LGs (6000 & 7000) and they are both good.

Sorry I cannot help you with the speaker button, my Nokia has a soft key for the speaker so it can only be activared during a call and the 7000 ofcourse is not a speaker phone. Have you tried any of these other forums?

LG Howard Forums

LG 4650 from Phonescoop

9. lg4650

lg4650 New Member

My Phone:
    pn-210
    Wireless Provider(s):
    vzw
    i haven't tried them, but i will. any other phone i've had, the speakerphone was always a soft key too. it's a very strange design and it a terrible spot. other than that, i really do love the phone. thanks again. ;)