Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG VX4400 or Samsung A530?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by JH, Jul 17, 2003.

1. JH

JH New Member

Reception?
    Quality?
    Sound?
    Ease of operation?
    Etc, etc, etc?

Which is the better phone, and why?

This will be for Verizon service.

2. Obro

Obro Member

First of all, if you need analog then the A530 is not for you. I own a A530 and am reasonably familar with the VX4400 (This is for full disclosure!).
    Reception? In my experience the reception of A530 is just as good or perhaps slightly better.
    Quality? Well the XV4400 has been out now for 6 months without many complaints as far as I know. A530 is new, but samsungs have good history. A530 feels solid and well constructed. Besides a slight size difference, I find them much alike with similar features.
    Sound? I haven't used them side by side in identical conditions, so it is hard to say. Both have very good sound imo. The A530 does have a louder receiver volume.
    Ease of Ops? Both will take a couple of minutes to get familiar and you are good to go. Both menus are intuitive and easy to follow, but perhaps the edge goes to LG here.
    For more info go to 'search messages' here at W.A and search by these models in the title and text. Your will find tons of detailed info from some very knowledgeable people.

Bottom line for me was the nice compact size of the A530. The slight differences in features didn't sway me one way or the other. Both are great phones.

Good Luck

3. Rasputin

Rasputin Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple Iphone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATT, Verizon
    the A530 is great if you do not need analog backup, I would also look at the Vx6000 also with no analog but a better screen than the A530. I have the Vx4400 I was going to get either the Vx6000 or A530 but I know I needed some Analog for where I was going to in Michigan, and sometimes in the hills/Mountains of Socal. Next year I think I will make the jump to all digital once Verizon is done converting everything over, Alltel has converted all of the old Centurytel to CDMA and USCC has finished converting over to CDMA.

The Vx4400 has been a great phone, I do like the sleeker look of the A530 though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ozgard

ozgard New Member

I've heard all good about the Samsung A530 but have the VX4400 and Wife has the VX6000. The decision should be between thos two. They are terrific phone. Reception has been real good all over. I just made a trip from NJ to Fla and had terrific reception alll the way. The quality of the two phone are outstanding. Extremely durable and the pass the "crash test". I have dropped my phone several times with just minor scratches to report. If sound means ringtones The vx6000 is a lot more crisp and louder than the vx4400, but the 4400 is till real good. Nothing easier to use than those two phones. I'll probably make the jump to the VX6600 soon if I can get my dealer to deal? We both have Verizon. Hope this helps[​IMG]

5. JH

JH New Member

I didn't realize that the A530 was non-analog, like the vx6000. I need the analog phone, so I guess it comes down to the 4400 for me.

6. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    hopefully after everyones done converting we wont need AMPS any more. It just wastes our battery and the static ! man dont get me started on that. Theres no security on AMPS either as far as evesdroppers are conerned.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...