Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG VX10 vs. Mot T720

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by Guest, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hello all,
    I'm going Verizon but don't know which phone to choose. I'm really on the fence on this one. Can anyone help me out? I can get the VX10 for 150 or the T720 for 200.
    Thanks.
    Tom

2. bigedx

bigedx Junior Member

well here are strictly MY opinions, so i dont want to offend anyone...

start with the LG, as for features its nicley equiped, such as BREW, i personally think the phone is kinda bland looking, and the ringers are extreamly too low

t720 is a very nice looking phone, color screen, if u want that has brew and nice options, but battery life is horrible, yes an extended battery is on the way, but thet seems to be the biggest flaw

i know didnt ask, but a310 again very nice lookin phone, no brew but a firmware upgrade is coming out soon which will allow you to DL ringers...

3. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

I am a tech at Verizon and if you dont mind the shorter batt life of a phone I would go with the 720......it is the phone I currently have. I have tried out almost all of the phones that we have......including the a310.which is a great phone too.........but i love the color display and the features of the 720. The ringer speaker is awsome on the phone!!! I really hate to give it up [​IMG] But oh well the new Kyocera Smart phone is comming out soon and I shall try it out.........i played with it a couple of months ago and it rocked!!! It is a hell of alot better than the Audiovox Thera! Hope this helps

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Had the a310, traded for the t720, now I wanna go back to the a310. Why? The battery life is NOT the only let down of the T720. The earpiece volume is WAY too low. In addition, when I plug in a handfree kit, like the jabra one, the call gets lots of static. I've tried two different earsets, it's the motorola phone, and I know this for a fact now. In addition, the menus are very slow, and the T720 is riddled with bugs. I'm dissappointed. I would wait for the kyocera smartphone that's coming out, but they messed up in one key area for me. The "hi-res" screen isn't so hi-res. It's the standard palm 160x160. NOT the hires screens like on my sony t665c, which is 320x320. Believe it or not, there's a huge difference in quality. Everything else about the kyocera looks nice, especially since it's a palm and not pocketpc. It's probably gonna cost a pretty penny though. If the rumors are true about the a310 getting a new firmware soon to allow it to accept new ringtones, then I'll stick with that, cuz my only gripe about that phone was the lack of a normal ringtone. As someone else stated, everytime my phone (the a310) rings, I question my sexuality!