Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

lg vx1 ringer volume

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by lgbsaab, Aug 22, 2002.

1. lgbsaab

lgbsaab New Member

just purchsed my phone 2 days ago.

the ringer is extremely quiet on standard 1.

i also noticed that when the ringer is set on low, it sounds exactly like it was set to high.

i love the phone but my biggest complaint is how low the ringer is even when set at the highest.

does anyone have this complaint?

thanks

2. mdknapp

mdknapp New Member

There is a thread that discusses it at:
    VX-1 Upgrade / Ringtones

Here is a quick excerpt that summarizes it all:
    Matthew

3. DaCurryman

DaCurryman Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX4400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I'm sorry, but I know the rubber stoppers, but where are the screw heads that I'm supposed to stick them on top of?

4. mdknapp

mdknapp New Member

The screws are the metal pieces underneath the rubber stoppers. The word on the street is LG is supplying larger rubber stoppers to those who have issues with the ring tone, but you have to ask.

Not sure if this is *just* for Telus but seems I heard that from a VZW store (retail) employee as well.

Matthew

5. Guest

Guest Guest

hi. i had the same problem too... but instead of going through all the trouble of getting tweezers and trying the pull those tiny rubber things off, u can get a sticker ( the kind that have some width, not the regular ones but the ones that plump up) buy those and put them at the bottom of ur phone and it will be fine... my ring tone is a lot louder~~~ and it doesn't look bad at all, if u pick the right sticker... ^^

6. Guest

Guest Guest

hi. instead of going through the trouble of finding tweezers and trying to pull those rubber stops out, u can get stickers (not the regular flat kind, but the kind that are bumpy, that have some width) and stick them at the bottom of ur phone. if u pick the right kind, it looks very nice~~~ ^^ i just put it on mine today and my ring volume is much louder~~~
    i think this is easier than the other way~~~

7. haejean

haejean New Member

hi. i put 2 stickers (the kind that have width, not the regular flat ones) on the bottom of my phone and the volume is louder~~~ i think this is much easier than finding tweezers and trying to pull the rubber stops out~~~

8. Guest

Guest Guest

where do you get the stickers from.

9. dbone

dbone New Member

[​IMG]yes I have the same complaint and it pisses me off because i miss almost every call is there any thing we can do to fix this>?

10. bigedx

bigedx Junior Member

not being a dick, but if you still can i would consider trading it in for a a310, it has an external, (on the outside shell) speaker, for the ringer

11. Guest

Guest Guest

thanks bro i appreciate it but its to late ive got a 2 year contract.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. dbone

dbone New Member

Is that made by LG? if so can I just trade phones that easily?

13. Guest

Guest Guest

FWIW, if you go ina and ask Verizon stores will do the mod with kits they got from LG. Took my VX-1 in last week and they put two taller rubber stoppers in. Helps a lot (although I still think the volume is a bit low).

Not all stores have them: I'm in in NYC and got mine at Verizon on 5th Ave. (about 20th-21st St or so, East side of the street). I've also been told the Rockville Centre store on LI has them.

HTH.

=NLK=

14. dbone

dbone New Member

thanks man ill try it out.