Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG VX1 PC Sync

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by jjmlsi, Sep 12, 2002.

1. jjmlsi

jjmlsi New Member

I bought the vx1 last week so far so good except one thing. The guy at verizon told me I could sync this phone with my pc, to update my phone book and reminders. As far as I can tell there is no interface software available to do this. Does anyone know if this can be done?
    Thanks
    Joe

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Well, let's put it this way: go back to the store and ask whoever told you that to show you the sync software on the LG website.

I have the phone too and like it a lot except LG is notorious for not supporting its phones and this includes no sync software for the VX1. Nor do they have a handsfree with a call/terminate button. Rumors are that they will be getting this out but who knows if or when (I believe this was the situation with the 510 and they finally scratched themselves out and produced the software).

=NLK=
    (not holding my breath until the sync software, etc. comes out).

3. jjmlsi

jjmlsi New Member

Thanks, i have to go back to the store and talk with this guy.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm the guy who posted above.

I just came across a site (www.futuredial.com) that claims to have PC Sync software for the VX-1. I'm wary only because I hadn't heard of this company before and almost everyone who has a VX-1 has been complaining about the inability to sync.

I'll post on howardforums, etc. and see if anyone is actually using the s/w successfully. I usually prefer to get this type of thing right from the manufacturer but if there is enough independent confirmation of futuredial's stuff I may give it a try.

=NLK=

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for the reply. I gave the company a call, and they assure me that it works on the vx1. Won't know for sure till I get it. I will post the results.

Joe

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Ok hereâ??s the deal, the software works. It syncs the phone directly with outlooks phone book, unfortunately it will not sync with the scheduler. Installation was pretty painless too. Thanks for your help.
    Joe

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Really? That's encouraging. All I want is to sync the phonebook (I'm not important enough to have many appointments). [​IMG]

Maybe I'll give it a try: can I ask, where did you get the cable? Did you get the Mobile Office kit or did you buy the cable separately from Futuredata, SupplyNet, etc.?

Thanks in advance for any info.

=NLK=

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm using the cable that came with the mobil office kit. Works just fine. Alls you need to do is plug the phone in to your USB port. Start the sync software, it finds the phone and asks if you would like to sync with the email client you have loaded on your machine ( in my case thats Outlook ). What comes up from there is sort of an explorer veiw. Your contacts that are on your phone are listed on the left side and the contacs that are in the email client are listed on the right. You can sync, add or subtract contacts. Its pretty cool. Give it a try.