Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG VX-1 Get the Large Digital Clock Display

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by Guest, Sep 1, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

My VX-1 dispalys a large digital clock dispaly when my phone loses service. When I have service, it displays a small clock and say "verizon" or something like that.

My friend at the CellTell store says he sold a VX-1 phone the other day that allways displayed the large digital clock.

Does anybody know how to get the large digital clock dispaly all the time??

((Dont confuse this with the large analog clock display))

Thanks

Bill T

2. Guest

Guest Guest

i'm also interested in knowing how to get the large digital clock.. anybody know how??

3. Alex

Alex Senior Member

The clock font size changes based on the PRL (Preferred Roaming List) on the phone.
    If you are in the A.C plan, you see Verizon network and smaller date and time. If you are under the regular plan or your phone is picking up the signal from the different carrier that Verizon has contract with, you may see the bigger fonts.
    I think Verizon offers different plan and each plan uses a different PRL.
    Try dialing *228 then select option 2 to load the latest PRL based on your plan.

4. CoreyTheGent

CoreyTheGent Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Silver V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I think the word "Verizon" above the clock display is simply the banner. If you go into display and into banner and delete the words "Verizon" maybe the digital clock/date display will become bigger.

I'm probably wrong.

5. thisisme

thisisme Junior Member

that doesnt work...the banner thing is only for the space above the verizon wireless network text. when you put the phone in manner mode thats were the banner will be when the phone is not in manner mode (for those that are confused, when you put the phone in manner mode, at the top of the display, right below the icon line, the phone will say manner mode. when you turn off manner mode then what ever you programed as the banner will display). the verizon wireless network is there to stay and alex is right. if you change plans or roam thats the only way to get rid of it.