Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG Voyager Review

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by M in LA, Apr 8, 2008.

1. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Verizon LG Voyager Review

What Came In The Box:

• [*] Voyager VX10000 Phone
      [*] Standard Li–Polymer Battery (950 mAh)
      [*] Travel Charger
      [*] USB Cable
      [*] User Guide
      [*] Quick Reference Guide
      [*] Quick Start Guide
      [*] V CAST Music Manager CD

Pros:

• Vibrant Dual Display
    • External Touch Screen with Tactile Feedback
    • Full Internal QWERTY Keyboard
    • Stereo Speakers (Lacks bass but excellent quality anyway)
    • Caller ID Announce and Ring Option (Just like my home phone :D)
    • 2.0 Megapixel Camera
    • Exceptional Battery Life with Standard Battery (10 days between charges)
    • Bluetooth OBEX Ability (Was able to transfer images from PC to phone to use as wallpaper)
    • Separate External and Internal Screen Customization (Personalized banners and "Verizon Wireless" ERI banner removal for a less cluttered screen)
    • Strong Signal & Call Quality
    • Excellent Voice Command Function
    • Mobile TV Capable
    • Attractive Touch Screen Menu Interface
    • HTML Browser

Cons:

• Minor Menu Limitations (Standard Verizon User Interface)
    • No Ability to Use MP3 Music as Ringtones
    • No Phone Ring Profiles (Normal, Meeting, Silent, etc.)
    • External Display is a Fingerprint Magnet
    • No Menu and Soft-key Customization Ability (Verizon UI Limitation)
    • External Screen Touch Scrolling a Slight Challenge (Eventually figured it out. Now I'm happy)

Overall Opinion:

Quite pleased with this phone. It is NOT a PDA and that's OK with me. Despite some Verizon UI limitations, I cannot complain with the options available on the phone. Every base is covered. Plenty of PIM organization functionality and Bluetooth transfer ability. More than adequate customization ability as mentioned in above points. Battery life has been phenomenal. I have never had a phone with a battery that lasts as long as this one does between charges. Even with EV-DO and 1X signal fluctuation, it has not affected battery life one bit.

I can see myself using this phone for the next couple of years. It is definitely stylish and the external touchscreen is an attention getter. A lot of useful features and good overall size for a clamshell unit. The phone isn't perfect by a long shot, but I am quite pleased with it after several weeks of ownership.

I was able to add a bunch of wallpaper images for both the external and internal screens from the Voyager thread on HoFo. They had some amazing images. I was able to save them on my PC and transfer them to the Voyager via Bluetooth Object Exchange (OBEX). Couldn't have been easier. Even Flash images work too. The stock images that came with the phone were OK, but thankfully I have more to choose from now.

Good phone LG!!!:thumb:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Thanks for the review Mike.

3. Particular

Particular Banned

My Phone:
    At&t Iphone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    At&t, sprint, T-mobile
    Thanks for the information, but i think that the Voyager is no where close to being the (IPHONE KILLER)