Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG TU720 Shine

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by cindylou, Nov 14, 2007.

1. cindylou

cindylou New Member

Hi I am new here. I purchased the LG TU 720 Shine last week, I am having java issues with it. If you use an application that requires java well you can't shut it off unless you reboot your phone. I sent my phone back to them to see if they are going to fix the software programs that are in it. You can't assign mp3's as ring tunes neither. You can get them to the tones and ringtones but can't assign them to caller ID.

2. takotan

takotan New Member

Can someone tell me if this phone has the feature to view the picture/viedo in full screen (or in landscape)?

3. cindylou

cindylou New Member

I can't tell you that right now my phone well I sent it back to LG for repairs.

4. cindylou

cindylou New Member

Yes it does I read it in the book.

Does anyone know how to get MP3's to work as ringtones on this phone

5. Wicks

Wicks New Member

I also have this phone and im having problems on how to assign a song from ur music player to a ringtone. I have MP3 n WMA. All the ringtones that r already downloaded in my phone r MP3 n yet it doesnt work.

6. martin5mars

martin5mars New Member

It happens to me too, unable to assign any MP3 WMA or other cellphone ringtones even if they're shorter than normal MP3. I heard that some cellphones are unable to make a MP3as a ringtone if its too long. But i tried with shorter song (about 20seconds) and it sill doesn't work yet. But we should be able because we can download ringtones with the cellphones, my point of view is this is locked for other ringtones not coming from a downloaded ringtone that we have to pay for. What do you think is that possible ?

7. desertrek

desertrek New Member

My Phone:
    LG CU720 Shine
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATT
    RE: Adding Ringtones

There is a size restriction of approx 300k for the mp3 ringtone file. Took me about two hours of trying different files sizes to get mine to work. Funny how the manual says you can just assign any mp3 music file as a ringtone... not so. The length in seconds should be about 25 to 30 seconds and save the file at the lowest possible qaulity with whatever software you are using to create your ring tone. If you can adjust the actual quality with an equalizer, take most of the bass out and it will play better as a ringtone.

Hope this helps.

BTW anyone found a solution to the lack of phone book sync/backup software for this phone? No CD with CU720 in the USA... LG says susteen.com DataPilot... but DataPilot doesn't support this phone? Getting very frustrated with LG run around on this issue. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Des

8. Eric47

Eric47 Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    crackberry's
    where you bought it from would help

Thanks

9. desertrek

desertrek New Member

My Phone:
    LG CU720 Shine
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATT
    I purchased the phone through AT&T wireless. Then called LG and talked to support and was told that thier LG software does not support this phone so I would have to purchase DataPilot. I then went to Datapilot's website and had to put in a request for them to support the phone and this is what came of that...

Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 3:07:32 PM
    Subject: The phone you requested is now supported

We are happy to inform you that the phone:
    CU720 you requested is now supported by one or more of susteens products.
    Phone: CU720
    Maker: LG
    Carrier: ATT Cingular
    ********************************************************************************
    To: support@susteen.com
    Sent: Friday, March 14, 2008 4:10 PM
    Subject: Re: The phone you requested is now supported

Dir Sir/Madam,

Now I am really confused... yesterday your product showed Address book support for my new CU720 shine phone and today the address book support is gone from the list. Are you in process of bringing the software up to speed for this phone or ???. Ringtones, images and mp3s are a piece of cake and no software needed (just add to the sd card.) What everyone including myself needs is the address book sync and or backup capability and sms message retrieval for backup.

I would love to purchase your software as there is no where else it can be found on this green earth for this phone. BUT I want it to work for the address book and messages before I do. PLEASE let me know when it will be available as a functioning package worth the 35 buck outlay.

****************************************************************************
    And the reply From Susteen support

Sent: Friday March 14th 2008

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting our Technical Support department.
    The cu720 is only supported with the image and ring tone composer, there is no time frame for when the phonebook manager will work with the phone. Thank You

Best Regards,
    Francisco Ponce
    Tech Support
    Susteen inc.

Thus my frustration....

10. Eric47

Eric47 Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    crackberry's
    you have a memory card? when i put my songs on my memory card into one i tried out for a week i could set songs as ringtones just fine. but yea i did have to shorten them.. but honestly why wouldnt you shorten them? most phones these days require you to shorten them, just the growing trend i guess.

11. dwonda

dwonda New Member

This is just so weird, is the software completely different for each carrier or something? I went on phonezoo, which seems to be pretty good for uploading a song from your computer and converting it to something small and it still sounds decent. When I did this, it DID show up in my audio and ring tunes list, unlike all of my other music, but in the options I cannot set it as a ringtone. I sent one of the default ring tunes to my computer via email, and it looks like its a .wav and not a .mp3 like it says on the phone. Very confusing. I'm tired of cell phone manufacturers assuming everyone buying a cell phone is a dumb blonde, whoever wrote the software for these phones should be shot, they must be the vista programmer rejects or something.

12. merchandise

merchandise New Member

my friend told me that you have to pay to listen to the mp3 song that you put on the LG SHINE IS THAT TRUE?