Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG TM510 vs. LG VX1 vs. Motorola V60i

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by zippy73, Aug 29, 2002.

1. zippy73

zippy73 Member

Help! I was set to buy the Motorola V60 until I heard a few people mention that the volume of the conversation on the phone was a little low. It apparently is a problem if someone calls from a cell phone to your cell phone. Is this true?

How does the LG VX1 compare? I currently have a Nokia 5160 and as long as the sound is somewhat the same, I am happy. On the downside, I've heard the VX1 has an extremely low ringing sound but apparently that can be fixed. Are there any other issues with the VX1 that I should know about?

Finally, are the two phones mentioned above worth it? The LG TM510 is about $100 cheaper and just as small. What's the downside of the LG TM510? How's the sound? Ring volume, etc.? Thanks for the advice! :

2. Ardiem

Ardiem New Member

I can tell you that the VX-1 is pretty much the upgraded version of the LG-TM510 minus voice activated dialing. I've had a friend who used the tm510 extensively and eventually had problems with it. Dunno if it was a defect or something. New is usually better though, so if you were to choose between the VX-1 and the TM510 go with the VX-1.

3. Rasputin

Rasputin Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple Iphone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATT, Verizon
    I have 2 of the LG510 now and my father in law has one also, so far it has been a good phone. Someone in another thread was saying Verizon was going to discontinue the VX-1 for a new version coming out? Maybe he does not know what he is talking about. Aren't there still probs with the Qualcomm 1X chipset?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a V60C, and I talk to my Girlfriend a lot (I got her a V60C as well) and have never had any problems with volume. It can be instantly increased or decreased with a good, wide range. It can be sometimes be so loud that anybody in a quiet room can hear the other end of the conversation.

5. Dennis

Dennis Junior Member

There really is no downside to the 510. Some claim the lack of an alphabetized address book is a big issue, but the search function is only 2 keys away and voice dial works extremely well. The VX-1 doesn't have voice dial. It does have a couple of games and hi-speed data capability if that is a big deal to you. I have had my 510 a while and have been more than pleased.

Dennis

6. zippy73

zippy73 Member

Thanks for the info Dennis. I already have the 510 on order. (Hopefully I'll get it today.) The voice command option seems handy. Verizon stopped carrying the VX1 because they are making room for the newer model. (Of course, you can probably still get the VX1 from other dealers.) Anyway, at this point, I was mainly interested in the downside of the 510 but it appears to be a good phone. The only issue that I heard was about the address book and that's not a big deal to me. If it's easy to operate, durable, and the sound quality is good, then I'm happy. Thanks again.

7. conkhi4u

conkhi4u Member