Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG TM-510 Battery options

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by Guest, Oct 16, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Is anyone using the extended battery for the LG TM-510? Is it bigger and does it way more than the standard battery? Have you noticed significant increases in talk and standby times?

2. RaiderDoug

RaiderDoug Junior Member

Not much more weight, a bit thicker, but still fits in standard holster. $59.99 at Verizon Wireless.

3. TeSan

TeSan New Member

on the thinkness...it is much thicker? and worth it?

4. Guest

Guest Guest

how is the additional battery life? worth 59.95?

5. RaiderDoug

RaiderDoug Junior Member

Probably 60% more talk time. Look at the thickness (how deep the holster is) of the belt clip, that is how much the extended would stick out. With the extended, it would be difficult to run out in the middle of a day.

6. mrnokia

mrnokia Senior Member

I'm not going to waste my money on a battery. I would rather cancel my plan w/ VErizon Wireless and jump to AT&T Wireless or Cingular. I want a nice "candy-bar" style of a cell phone.

7. CoreyTheGent

CoreyTheGent Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Silver V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Why would you rather have a Candybar than a Clamshell? That's like turning in a Lexus for a Toyota.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Also, switching from Verizon to anybody else is like going from a Lexus to a used Yugo.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

[​IMG]that is what gets me
    change service providers for a different phone
    won't do you any good when you will not be able to use it in as many areas
    Verizon is the largest network in the US

10. Venedotia

Venedotia New Member

How is it the carrier's fault that the manufacturer made a poor phone? Yes VZW sold it, however how is it there fault? I have an LG TM510 as well and I cannot stand it. Battery life is poor, however I don't blame the carrier for my choice of phone. Saving up for my coveted T720 =)

If you don't mind, I'd like to throw out a suggestion or two... if you are think of canceling service over a stupid battery (besides the asinine reason) try calling in and talking to a member of customer service. If the phone is under a year old you might get a new one (battery that is.) I know when I get a customer with a complaint over their LG TM510 battery.. I promptly offer a new one (that is of course if their account is current and they haven't called in the past and gotten one.) You could also try calling Lucky Goldstar and seeing if they will honor the warranty on the phone for the battery. This doesn't always work though.

Good luck,
    Vene

11. mrnokia

mrnokia Senior Member

I know that service and clarity mean everything, but to me it is phone selection. don't strat further arguments or what not but i am all about the phones. verizon wireless's phones aren't all that best you canm all agree on that right? but their service IS top-noth ain't it?[​IMG]

12. CoreyTheGent

CoreyTheGent Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Silver V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    It is actually the carrier's fault for their phones. They pick the phones, it's not like the phones are forced upon them. Verizon goes through a load of tests and what not with every phone, quite a thorough process. If they pick a bad phone, it is their fault, because they picked a bad phone to offer their customers.

People complain about Verizon's phones, well you have to keep something in mind, and the LG-TM510 is a good example of this: SOME OF THE PHONES HAVE BEEN ON THERE FOR ONE YEAR+. The LG-TM510 may not be the "Top Dog" of phones right now, but when it first came out it sure as hell was! Verizon has kept it because it's one of their best selling phones. If you want to hate and complain about the LG-TM510, then go back over a year when the phone first came out, and compare it to what was available then. You'll see that this was a great phone, which is why I purchased it as soon as it came out and it has kept me happy all this time (although I don't have the same one. I got a new one through my insurance company for $50 about two months ago).

I was about to go out today and get an extended battery for this phone, since it seems I'm going to have it for quite some time now (waiting for a new phone to upgrade to, most likely the Motorola V60e), but $60? That's just downright ridiculous. But, this goes back to what I said about the TM-510 being one of Verizon's best selling phones. That's why the price doesn't go down.