Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Apple LG Said to Supply Apple With Foldable Displays for Future iPhones

Discussion in 'APPLE iPhone, iPad Tablets and all iOS Devices' started by viewfly, Dec 19, 2016.

1. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    @KevinJames

This is for you!

LG's display division is developing and will start mass-producing foldable displays for smartphones in 2018, and supply them to Apple, Google, and Microsoft, according to South Korean website ETNews.

LG has shown off various futuristic-looking curved and foldable display prototypes over the past three years, including one with a book-like design and another that can be rolled up like a newspaper. Both designs take advantage of the flexible property of OLED displays, compared to rigid LCD displays in current iPhones.

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/12/16/lg-foldable-displays-iphone/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

KevinJames likes this.
  2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    @viewfly: thanks. At present, my oncologist doesn't expect me to live past the 3rd quarter of 2017, so I don't anticipate being able to see these. But if I surprise the doctors (and myself), who knows?!