Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG Rumor Touch-Get 3rd party apps free

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by danatheteacher, Aug 21, 2010.

1. danatheteacher

danatheteacher New Member

My Phone:
    LG Rumor Touch-VM510
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Virgin Mobile
    Did you know that you can get around Virgin Mobile and Sprint's lock down of the LG Rumor Touch????

Want Gmail-->You can have it.
    Want hundreds of games-->They are available.

This week I've installed JBackupContacts (to get around the Contact Vault nonsense), BlueFTP (super stellar file manager), and a few games like Monopoly and racing auto stuff like "Top Gear" or "Need for Speed".

Since the apps are not "marketed" to the LG Rumor Touch because of the lock downs, me and several other users (mostly from Howard Forums) have been testing apps/games like banshees.

I hated my service and my phone from Virgin Mobile until I found out that it did have normal capabilities---->you just have to know how to get around the lock downs, which is easier than you'd think. :biggrin:

For 3rd party apps, you will need a microSD card so that you can unlock a secret menu in the MY STUFF folder where it will allow you to install JAD files.

You will need Opera Mini to download wallpapers and ringtones. Bolt Browser works too, but you have to install that one first.

The best place to learn how to do this is at Hubpages where there are 12 articles currently written on installing apps, getting ringtones, fixing JAD files so they work, and backing up contacts on phone, etc.

#1 danatheteacher, Aug 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2010