Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG rhythm

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by Lester, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Lester

Lester New Member

I'm trying to put ringtones on the lg rhythm. You can send them to the phone via text but does anyone know how to set them as a ringtone?

2. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

You don't. It's the DRM lockdowns that are required by the US law. :(

3. odieodilla

odieodilla New Member

HF is really the first and last stop when it comes to cell phone questions. The guys there are amazing about figuring stuff like this out.

According to them, Bitpim will find your phone if you put it into "modem mode" once it's connected to the PC. The drivers from LG VX8500 will work with it. You may have to find the port the phone connects to (from Bitpim's list) and manually select it.

After you get it up, follow this process to load mp3 ringtones:

quote:
    have the newest version of bitpim
    make sure you have the drivers for the USB cable you are using.
    open bitpim
    let it find the phone(it will come up as other CDMA phone)
    click FILESYSTEM on the left at the bottom
    expand the folder
    click dload
    right click on lg_mysound.dat and save it to your desktop
    after you save it right click lg_mysound.dat in bitpim and delete it
    now click brew
    click media
    click lk
    click ms

now drop the songs you want to use as ringers in this file. they will automaticlly load into your phone. it isnt the fastest process but it works.

after they are done loading onto the phone, unhook USB cable from computer, power the phone off and then back on.

the items you just transferred with now be in the my audio file where they need to be to assign them for individual ringers.

NOTE:

everytime you wnat to add new ringers to the phone you have to complete all the steps above, even the deleting that one certain file. not a very hard process and has worked well for me.

Connecting an LG Rhythm (AX585) to a computer - Moe's Stupid Technology Tavern - Penny Arcade Forums

4. atork

atork New Member

I installed the drivers for my rhythm... opened bitpim, and it recognized my phone as other cdma.

but there is no "filesystem" folder :(

Help!