Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG PM-225 questions

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by doro, Oct 11, 2005.

1. doro

doro New Member

My Phone:
    sanyo 8100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    sprint pcs
    I just got the Samsung A840 but not terribly crazy about it and am still eyeing the LG, which I originally intended on getting. I figured I'd give it a week, but was wondering a few things about the LG.

-- How is the keypad for the LG? The Samsung has a bit of a delay when typing, which is kind of aggravating for text messages.

-- Does the external screen turn off when idle? I'm used to using the external screen on my old phone as a watch and the screen on A840 turns off after awhile. I can get the time if I hit one of the side buttons, but old habits die hard and it looks like the phone turned off on its own.

-- How's the earpiece quality and volume? The sales rep at the store said that the two phones were comparable, and the A840 is pretty clear but on the soft side.

Other then that, I do like the look and feel of the phone. I don't get as many bars as I used to with my old phone but still get a signal pretty much everywhere. Everyone's said they could hear me nice and clear, but I sometimes had a hard time hearing them. Then again I am used to the loud earpiece of the Sanyo 8100...

2. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I have the LG 225.

There is a slight delay when pressing buttons and scrolling down the menu sometimes. I call it a slow reaction. My old Samsung A680 did not have any delay at all. I've gotten used to it though.

The external screen does turn off when idle. I think all new phones are like that to save bettery life.

The earpiece sound quality of the 225 is the best thing about this phone. It beats the Samsung easily and is probably the best among all current Sprint phones. Ringer volume is also nice and loud compared to my previous Samsungs. I can actually hear the phone ring in my pocket now whereas before I would often miss calls.

3. superugly

superugly New Member

My Phone:
    lg-225
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    My wife has the samsung (a840) and I have the lg (225). 1. {Fact} The samsung (a840) definitely takes better pictures than the lg (225). 2. {Fact} The speakerphone is better on the lg; the mic catches better the voice from a bit longer distance. 3. {My opinion} Although the earpiece from the lg can reach a higher volume, there are ringers a little bit higher on the samsung but the lg ringers are fine too. Yes, I know it is a hard decision to make. :confused:

4. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I would wait for the new upcoming LG LX-325 for Sprint. It's supposed to be a good upgrade to the 225.

5. iworejungleboots

My Phone:
    Sanyo 9000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS
    :lmao: You MUST know, as devices go, the LG 225 has the MOST problems and Sprint is falling all over themselves to get rid of all the stock they bought. Practically nothing you can do, can fix these phones, if you get hold of one that just plain out sucks from the get go

6. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Agreed.

The LG PM-225 suffers from:

Over the air firmware updating not working properly on some phones
    Poor battery life that gets progressively worse as time goes by.
    Text messaging icon not disappearing like it should.
    phone randomly shuts down or freezes when using the web.
    menu navigation and buttons lag/delay when pressed.
    Camera sucks.

7. iworejungleboots

My Phone:
    Sanyo 9000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS
    Type: Software Upgrade

Customers may experience the following "powering up" issues on the device:

The device may power up to the Sprint logo and begin continuously powercycling.

The device may power up to a blue screen and stop.

Software version PM225V10.bin addresses these issues. All LG PM-225 devices should be upgraded to the PM225V10 software version to prevent these issues from occurring. If a device is already exhibiting either of these issues, they will not be able to be upgraded and must be exchanged.

Also this one and the 325 have a similar issue:
    Rather than correctly using the MDN, the PM-325 is attempting to use the MSID for Picture Mail registration or authentication. If an LG PM-325 user is experiencing one of these errors with Picture Mail use, validate that the particular account has mismatched MDN/MSID values. If so, please upgrade the device software to Maintenance Release software version PM325V17. Any PM-325 sold with PM325V16 that is programmed with mismatched MDN/MSID values will not be able to utilize Picture Mail until the device is re-flashed with PM325V17.

8. mykie

mykie New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung SCH-A920
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, T-Mobile
    If you're considering the A840, why not plunk down the extra $30 (currently) for the A920? You get a LOT more phone for the money than you would for the A840.

Just a thought.

9. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Thanks for the info. I'm an LG PM-225 owner and my phone simply won't take the V10 update. The OTA firmware updating process does not work like it should on mine (it has for others I know) and the Sprint store insists on charging me $35 if they do the update with a cable. They're not supposed to charge if the update fixes something important like this. But I don't really care anymore because I've decided to get the new LG LX-350.

10. iworejungleboots

My Phone:
    Sanyo 9000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS
    I have really bad new for you guys. Any time a tech touches your phone and it "needs repair", it will cost you from now on. We ALL agree this sucks, but Corporate Joe and all that work with him up there in the big ivory tower, like the chance that you will walk away from the update, and actually might leave the store with a new phone. I had a Sanyo 8100 and there was a "known issue" where the hinges break, and it was something that was supposed to be fixed for free, and they wouldn't give me my phone back till I paid them $10. Stores have a totally different mind set on what customer service is. It's sad, but obviously very true!

11. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I obtained a copy of the Sprint/Nextel playbook and it specifically states that a software update should still be given at no charge if it fixes something important and doesn't just add or change something that's considered non-essential. The store I went to is not enforcing these company rules and seems to be instead interpreting them however they want to. That's just not right.

#11 larry, Apr 21, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2006
  12. CellGeek

CellGeek Sprint is the BOMB!

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Spint provides the best cellular service and also the best and highest performance high speed data service and the most amount of perks such as 6PM nights. Therefore, they can charge for other services. :biggrin:

13. iworejungleboots

My Phone:
    Sanyo 9000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS
    I must let you know that not every store is a corporate store and even ones that are, try very hard not to have chargebacks to their store...i.e. anytime they touch your phone.

14. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    The stores in this area are all corporate.

15. sdgirljoyce

sdgirljoyce New Member

help me out here if anyone knows...;)

I just got this phone yesterday,
    when I try to download a screensaver or download a ringer it wont work.
    It usually just displays the image as text
    if I go to Vision home I can do that, read the news ect. but cannot receive pictures at all

The icon for a message ( like when I send myself a screensaver) shows up as a piece of paper, not an envelope ( like my other 2 LG phones )

I called Sprint Tech Support and after 15 min. on the phone I was told to go to a Sprint store:confused:

If anyone has a clue please help me out

sdgirljoyce

16. revolverocelot

revolverocelot New Member

menu, settings, security, lock code is the last four of your fone number. go to picture mail, update picture acct. say yes to the confirmation. then try to upload a picture and you should be good to go.

17. vivicavanilla

vivicavanilla New Member

Setting the clock

How do I set the clock on a PM-225 LG phone?
    With the recent time change I of course need to alter the time displaying on my phone but I CANNOT find the option.. It didn't change on its own and when I use the daylight savings time mode it changes the daylight savings time in that menu (making it temporarily incorrect). Any help would be greatly appreciated

18. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Re: Setting the clock

It should have changed on it's own. What happens if you power cycle the phone?

19. vivicavanilla

vivicavanilla New Member

Oddly enough RIGHT after I went and posted this about 3 different places it did... Any clue what caused the delay?

20. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Could just be a network delay. It's fairly common for time changes to get delayed.

21. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Also, sometimes it will only update after a phone call, data session, or other "active" network connection.

22. altheabeattie

altheabeattie New Member

so yah i own a 225..i got it in november of last year and sence i have gotten it i have had continuious problems...ill be in the middle of the call and it will re-boot randomly....it has realy crappy service...my pictures say one thing but if i go to make them a back ground or something they will use a different one then the one i clicked on...and recently it has refused to show half of my contacts and not register some one that is already in my phone book as in my phone book when they call...dont get me wrong its an ok phone for a free give away phone but i wouldnt buy it again i think its a peice of crap and for a teenager....i have dropped it enough times and it has gotten its abuse and it does not stand up to that at all....i was on the phone with sprint and they told me to reset it and that would fix the problem which it didnt and now i have to take it to a sprint store to see if they can fix it....it is the cheepest phone i have ever had and its highly annoying.....:mad: