Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG LX5350....ringtones

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by NguyenTT82, Sep 30, 2002.

1. NguyenTT82

NguyenTT82 New Member

I don't remember who mentioned it to me, but I tried downloading ringtones to my phone, but first converting them to .mmf format from midis. Didn't work.

The phone didn't recognize the format, but maybe I did something wrong.

Well, any help/advice would be appreciated....

One more thing, to save pictures to the phone save the pictures into .jpeg format into a small file say around 1-5 kbs preferably since you only have 1mb of space on the phone....

After getting the data cable attached, if you have win xp pro, it should recognize your phone and plug'n/play. Just open up the phone from my computer as if it was a folder..... drag and drop, and if it works, access the pictures in downloads from the phone.....

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Where'd you get the data cable? I was hoping there was a USB one, but I can only find serial ones for $50 or whatever.

3. Lefiste1

Lefiste1 New Member

Well I was the one who suggested the idea. I'm pretty sure it should work, I'm waiting for my USB data cable to be sent to me, that I found on www.discountcell.com This is my theory: Since the LG LX5350 phone has a Yamaha MA-3 sound chip in it, it *should* support the SMAF or (.mmf) format. The same chip is in many of the phone's in Japan from (J-phone) There's a program on yamaha's SMAF site that converts midi files into (.mmf) I also found a 3rd party software called midi2poly but I'm not sure if that one produces working .mmf files. (By the way both of those programs are Japanese =P ) I'll post again once I get my usb cable. If this works that means we can get pretty much any midi file to play on the LG5350 ! If anyone has any additional info please post.

4. NguyenTT82

NguyenTT82 New Member

Guess I'm just too lazy to really try, but after it didn't work the first time I gave up, hehe. Anyways I got the program from that one site..... http://smaf.yamaha.co.jp/index-e.html .

Hope it works for you guys, and when it does, post what you did...

One question tho, on some of the default rings, there is vocal audio... and well, I don't really know much about this stuff, but does that mean you can try converting not just simple midis, but maybe some other audio format, like a real song.... I dunno, just curious....

Well, good luck....[​IMG]

5. NguyenTT82

NguyenTT82 New Member

Ummm... nevermind, I'm a dumbass. That's what I get for not reading the yamaha manual thing that came with the program.

Not only can you convert midi's, you can convert wav's as well. Problem is, that everytime I've tried, the files are either too big to even fit in the memory of the phone. At least the tracks that I made that I want are too big.... *sighs*

I did get a short quote on there which is really cool, but I want a song on there... hehe.

Anyone else try yet? The program is at so you don't have to go through all they other screens and search......

6. nupee91

nupee91 New Member

What type of data cable do you have? I have tried the serial cable and xp did not see my phone. Please help. What software can I use to get ringtones on my phone.

7. DecoDiver

DecoDiver Junior Member

Check out http://www.discountcell.com/cellular/clgic5350.asp. At the very bottom of the page there's an item labelled "OEM USB Data Cable - $39.95 (0510WDATA)". I should receive the cable tomorrow and will post a note on how it works.

BTW, if you want to make some non-midi ringers of your own, check out http://wirelessadviser.com/waforums/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=9255. I have the day off today and am making a bunch of ringtones. [​IMG]

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Unfortunately, the LG-branded cable from DiscountCellular was either defective or not the right cable for my phone. I could not get any connection between the phone and WinXP. I ordered Sprint's connection kit from the SPCS site and can now make calls using that cable, but I still cannot get XP to see my phone for downloading. Dunno if it's a software issue or what. For now, looks like the only option is to download tones and pix via Vision...

9. DecoDiver

DecoDiver Junior Member

Last post was me again ... not logged in. [​IMG]