Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG Glimmer Question

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by zdoyle35, May 12, 2008.

1. zdoyle35

zdoyle35 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Pearl
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T (work),Alltel(personal)
    I am about to buy the Lg Glimmer but before I do are you able to make your own Mp3's Ringtones ? I was able to do this with so with My Lg AX8600.

2. rockluvr1988

rockluvr1988 Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG 260 The Scoop
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Probably not. Alltel has put these restrictions on all new phones. The krzr, razr v9m, and the lg phone with the mp3 player (can't remember the model) are all music phones and you have to buy ringtones for them. You can not set mp3s as ringtones. I have an LG Scoop and can not do it. I am downgrading to an old razr model that can do it because I hate not being able to.

My mother has a Moto Q and she can though. I think only the non-smartphones have the restriction on them.

Sorry.:(

3. zdoyle35

zdoyle35 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Pearl
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T (work),Alltel(personal)
    well i have a krzr k1m3 (with the new software) and i am able to use moto phone tools, this was one of the reasons that i liked alltel over verizon becasue verizon locks all of there phones, but i know someone who downloaded a program called bit pim and he was able to unlock a verizon wireless phone so i wonder if that would help you , and me .

4. rockluvr1988

rockluvr1988 Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG 260 The Scoop
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Ah yes hacking! My favorite. I don't like motorola phone tools because you have to pay for it. And bitpim does not recognize the newer phones as easy. I do not have the usb cord for my scoop yet so I haven't tried with that. It did not recognize the newest razr though (v3a) and the glimmer is newer so it might not. Although you can try it. It might show up as other cdma phone.

I'm also downgrading to the razr because I realized I don't like bar phones like the scoop. A new flip phone would cost me $260. I got the old razr off of ebay for $100. Its just a plus that I will be able to set mp3s as ringers.

5. sandyandi

sandyandi New Member

how do u make mp3s on the moto q into rings?

6. mustanggal

mustanggal New Member

My Phone:
    htc touch / z6m
    several websites allows you to put mp3 tones in rings. try mobile41.com from your phone or mobile17.com and you can also bluetooth music from your computer or another phone. works fine on most models except the new phones alltel has such as glimmer scoop and rkr. I do know there are ways around getting ringers on all the phones alltel carries except the rkr...

7. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

You can transfer it after editing in Audacity and you should be able to select the file and push Apply As Ringtone.

8. mustanggal

mustanggal New Member

My Phone:
    htc touch / z6m
    Are you transfering thru bluetooth or usb?

9. starbuckGlimmer

starbuckGlimmer New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    You can make an MP3 file a ring tone on a Glimmer using ringtone software, that is how I get all my ringtones, send them over via bluetooth

10. mcgadams08

mcgadams08 New Member

I just recently bought an LG Glimmer and i was curious if anyone who has a glimmer has had any problems with them? So far mine is working fine and the touch screen seems to work pretty good as well, it is easy to navigate and easy to use other than when making a call after the call starts the phone locks again and you have to unlock it to switch to speaker phone. Any replies to this will be very helpful i am just curious if there are any certain problems to be weary of.

11. mcgadams08

mcgadams08 New Member

I was curious as to what i need to do or if there was a way for me to pull music off of my computer and put it on my phone? If so what programs do i need and what cables and where can i find these cables. Are these downloads usually free? If not how much do they usually cost and how much does it cost to download from them?

#11 mcgadams08, Sep 27, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2008