Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG Flip Phones for T-Mobile?

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by yaworski, Sep 18, 2013.

1. yaworski

yaworski Junior Member

Hi,

The questions about the smart phones were posted by my daughter. Thanks for the help.

Here's the situation, after over 20 years with Bell Atlantic Mobile/Verizon, economics compelled me to switch carriers.

My daughter is the one who wanted the fancy stuff so she did the investigating and comparisons of service and we went with T-Mobile, for better or worse.

I have no need for a smartphone and have no desire to carry a miniature web browser so I can check my email every 30 seconds. Yeah, I know that I'm out of step with the times but I also don't have an iPad and my laptop stays in its case unless I'm travelling.

Now we get to the real heart of the matter.

I wanted a flip phone. I don't want one with a sliding keyboard because I send about ten text messages a year. I looked at the offerings at the T-Mobile store and made a bad choice and bought the T-Mobile 768 which is made Alcatel.

The manual sucks. The warranty BOOK is about 100 pages and the manual is about 15 including table of contents and health warnings. The keypad is horrible. The menus suck. I just don't like it.

So now I want to go back to the comforting world of LG. My first LG phone was the VX-1 and I've had LGs ever since.

Are there LG flip phones that I should avoid for use with T-Mobile? Any specific recommendations?

Thanks.

2. RadioRaiders

RadioRaiders RF Black-Belt

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    GSM / WCDMA /LTE
    From what I hear LG is only good on CDMA. T-Mobile has GSM/UMTS and I never heard anything good about LG on GSM/UMTS. If you want a good, cheap GSM phone look at Nokia.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    I had a used LG dLite for the last year and I haven't had issues with reception. It was no worse than the previous Samsung Comeback. If I wasn't insistent with the 3G/4G, I probably would have stuck with mine.

I don't see any current LG flip phones on the T-Mobile site. If you are insistent on a flip phone, if give the Samsung T-139 a try. I would be reluctant to give a store brand phone (or an Alcatel) a try.

Sent from the Blanco Beast, SCH-I605

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...