Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

T-Mobile LG Flip phone help

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices for All Other Operating Systems' started by yaworski, Sep 7, 2016.

1. yaworski

yaworski Junior Member

Call me old fashioned, call me what you will but I'm still rocking a flip phone. I have no desire to check my email while having lunch or be able to look up who played third base for the 1948 Detroit Tigers while I'm waiting for the bus.

I currently use T-Mobile. I bought a used LG A380, popped my SIM into the phone and all is well. I can make and receive calls, send a text message.

The phone was originally an AT&T phone. So when the phone is open, the front screen shows AT&T's Death Star logo and there are all sorts of AT&T specific menu items that I can't use.

Is there a way to change any of this. I can live with the logo but I'd like to change the menus.

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Since the OS is proprietary, probably not. You'd need to contact LG and chances are they aren't going to spend to much time or energy over helping you.

As a 65yo, I'd highly recommend you never get a smartphone. You see, they can do so much more than you mentioned and they quickly become addicting.

3. yaworski

yaworski Junior Member

I really hate what cell phones, in general, and smart phones, in particular, have done to our society.

I sell large appliances for a living. I'll trying to explain Fridge A vs. Fridge B to someone and that person will be busy texting. Or the phone thing of you're in the middle of talking to someone and they just stop and start talking to someone on the phone.

Not long ago, I saw a young mother lose track of her toddler because she was too busy texting to hold the little one's hand. So the toddler decided to investigate something on her own and mom was fifty yards away before she realized that she had lost her daughter.

A friend was visiting from out of town and the weather was nasty so we decided to stay in an watch a movie, the latest James Bond flick. My friend spent the entire time texting people and then at the end of the movie said that it was too confusing to follow.

Don't get me going on people who try to drive while holding a phone to their heads.

4. rjniles

rjniles Junior Member
    Junior Member Senior Member

My Phone:
    MOTO E4 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Yaworski, your complaint is not about smart phones, it is about the ignorant people using them. Back in the days of the Walkman, the same people walked around with earbuds and were oblivious to the world around them.

KevinJames likes this.
  5. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    @yaworski: rjnile is correct. It is the same argument used by NRA. However, if guns and cellphones were eliminated then violence, driving accidents, and rude behavior would lessen -- somewhat. Self-control in this self-indulgent world we live is not something people feel like doing. Even my 60+yo wife has a tendency to pay too much attention to her smartphone when we have guests over. Some are close friends and have told her it is rude what she is going. I make every effort not to constantly look at phone when I with someone else, unless they also take their phone out -- which is sadly very common. (I hate it when I begin editorializing. Sorry)

Now back to your issue: If you are fighting getting a new phone based on other's bad behavior, that decision is not helping you. If you are really opposed to a upgrade and want to remain with a flip phone design, there are newer flips out there if the LG you have is having issues. But from what I read in your original post, you just wanted to get rid of the non-functioning AT&T menus. I don't have enough knowledge to tell you for a certainty that it can't be done. Again, I'd recommend talking to LG or your carrier. Maybe they can help, maybe not.

#5 KevinJames, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2016