Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG Dare USB Alternative Driver Option

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by rallykid, Dec 11, 2008.

1. rallykid

rallykid New house = No free time

My Phone:
    LG 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint
    Does anyone have a USB driver that will work for the Dare other than the one that comes on the disk?

I have tried the one from the disk, downloaded it directly from the VZW website and LG's site as well and it will not find it when I plug the phone in. I spent a little over 2 hours on with tech support and the only way the phone can be recognized is in mass storage mode. It will not recognize it for tethering or to work with Bitpim.

The driver is there and I can physically see it in the computer and the phone is recognized when it is plugged in but gives me the error that the hardware could not be installed becasue the wizard could not find the necessary software.

The Dare is at Version 5 software and the USB driver is version 4.8.1 Is there an earlier version that will work with this or a later version that is available from an alternate source?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. rallykid

rallykid New house = No free time

My Phone:
    LG 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint
    Ok, this one got resolved. Apparently the phone has to be powered off for XP to recognize it and properly install the drivers which makes the top 10 list of dumbest computer error resolutions I have encountered.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...