Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG CU720 Shine - PBook Sync/backup software

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by desertrek, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Phones4Bones

Phones4Bones New Member

My Phone:
    Voyager
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint, ATT
    I don't know of anything like that, and from what i've heard, no 3rd party companies are going to be developing sync software for the shine as of yet. I don't know why but i'm sure it has to do with greed and money.

At least it seems from you last post that you were able to view the file system. That is terrific. Now you can add as many ringtones as your phone's available memory will allow.

It only seems right that if no one else is able to reproduce the same results with this application than i retract my original post and concider my success just a wakie fluke. :confused: I hope i wont have to do that. At least some good has come from this thread tho. I mean you do now have the capability to add ringtones to a GSM phone using CDMA software. that is pretty cool, right?

2. Phones4Bones

Phones4Bones New Member

My Phone:
    Voyager
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint, ATT
    the VX8700 is a CDMA phone and is already compatible in bitpim. Thats why it works with no real problems. I did this with the CU720.

3. shinywannabe

shinywannabe New Member

yes sir - the new file right click is what i used - congrats bro - you got it!

4. mooresmsr

mooresmsr New Member

So thanks to the folks on this board. At least 50% of the problems are solved. I can download stuff to the phone, just need to build them on the PC first (which is what I wanted to do anyhow). Now if I could only get a phone book /contact sync program, I'd be completely set!!

5. mooresmsr

mooresmsr New Member

To my helpers:

Finally got around to making a single ringtone to download on my Shine. This works fine. However, I now have another question -- How do I associate that one ringtone with one number in my contact list. The ringtone I created and downloaded is the first section of "She Loves You" by the Beatles, and I want to associate this with just my wife's number (yes, I know, this is quite an assumption, but what the heck, maybe she does love me!). I see in the menu where I can set a ringtone for everyone in the phone, but there isn't a "ringtone" category for either the number or for the entire entry, at least that I can see. I don't want this to be my overall ringtone for the phone, just the ringtone for her. Any ideas?

6. TheBlueShadow

TheBlueShadow New Member

Lots of good info here.

I just wanted to see if any of you have made any more progress trying to get the contacts sync'd?

Did you find out which folder they are stored in?

Thanks.

7. lawnmowat

lawnmowat New Member

I've been following all of the discussions here and can now browse the CU720's file system. Attempts to "Get Data from Phone" cause BitPim to get an error. I've tried with 1.06 and 1.07 (12/15 version). I'd really like to get my contacts on to a PC if possible. I submitted a trouble error to the BitPim folks.

Thanks for any suggestions.

8. wonk

wonk New Member

There was a small book that came with MY Shine that was full of simple details like that. If I can do it, it's simple enough ANYONE can do it. I can put ringtones, pics wherever I want them in MY Shine. I prefer to put them on the SD card that comes with a handy USB adapter. MY Win2000 450 Gateway doesn't care how I do it, it will even use BitPim if I want too. You think maybe you cowboys have equipment that is TOOO SMAHT for a cell phone?? Don't give up, keep trying. I believe you WILL figure it out.

#38 wonk, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  9. travlinsouth

travlinsouth New Member

I am also following this thread, and am also eager to get my contacts backed up/sync'ed. Like moores et al I can browse my filesystem, retrieve photos, etc but still looking for that ellusive phonebook file. Lawn, shadow did either of you have any luck finding them or hearing back from bitpim?

I'm running bitpim 1.0.6 on W2k and using the Datapilot/Susteen USB cord to an ATT phone.

Thanks in advance.

10. sapcomm

sapcomm New Member

Wow! All I can say is wow. After two days of searching and hating this phone I figured out this site existed. It is worth it's weight in money. Put a paypal link! I will donate. The pain of taking each picture and placing it to your memory card is OVER! I can now copy and backup my entire phone. I wonder what would happen if I completly copied all directories over to another cu720? Hmm perhaps as a experiment I shall try this. I don't think it would do anything, but put the programs on. Use of Backup feature is great. It places a Zip file on your desktop or wherever you want it.

Just to think AT&T told me it was not possible! You folks told me it was. I am no longer a skeptic!

THANK YOU! :cool2:

11. JFlesh

JFlesh New Member

I broke the screen on my CU720 (Shine) recently, and AT&T replaced it with the LG Xenon. They use a hardware device called a UME to transfer the phone's physical memory and SIM data to another phone. For me, SHINE --> XENON. They tried multiple times but said the device couldn't read my shine.

They told me to kiss 150 #s goodbye and ~500 pictures. Hellllll no.

I've spent all day researching how to access the phys. memory on my CU720, and I finally found my way to this thread!

SO! I have retrieved my photos (which everyone seems to have had luck with already), and like most of you, I couldn't find my F'n Contacts!

BUT I think I have a lead... In the BitPim Filesystem I just stumbled upon

/ > LGAPP > Media > DB > SysDB

In there, I found the following files: PBOOK_LOG.vol, MetaDB.vol, and FileManagerDB.vol.

I'll post an update soon.

GL!

#41 JFlesh, Oct 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2009