Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG charger on crack, always thinks my phone is charged

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by Kal525, Jul 16, 2003.

1. Kal525

Kal525 New Member

I have had a vx4400 for about 3 months now and it's been working great until about 2 days ago when the charger that came with the phone (LG boxed charger, not verizon charger) decided to always think my phone is charged. I'll put the phone into the cradle when there's about one bar left and it will start flashing charging finished. I turn the phone off and try to charge it like that, and again, it tells me charging is complete. I rip the stupid battery out of the phone and leave it sitting there for a few minutes and try again........guess what charging is still finished.

This is complete bull since this has basically rendered my phone useless. It does sometime decide that my phone needs charging, but this is a rare occurance. I'm thinking of complaining to verizon and getting this pos exchanged.

Anyone had similar problems or know how to fix them?

2. Gadgetnut

Gadgetnut Junior Member

Hmmm....It may not be the charger. I might be the battery. If you can get your hands on a second battery (maybe borrow one from a friend) you can try it and see if it does the same thing. Just currious, how often do you charge your phone?

3. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    first off lets cover this. your phone should NOT be charged every nitght unless its at or below 1 bar. second the problem your explaining seems to be either the battery or the phone just not accepting the charger for some reason. Take the phone to verizon and have them look at it. they will either get you another battery or just get you a replacement phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Kal525

Kal525 New Member

Actually, i usually charge my phone every night because it's down to 1 or 2 bars by then anyway. And I don't see why charging it would be a problem since the charger cuts off power to the battery once charging is finished, or whenever it wants in my case, lol.

I think i'm going to take my phone to verizon and see what they say, hopefully they'll give me a replacement phone b/c this thing is only 3 months old and shouldn't be doing this.

5. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    well the charger is supposed to cut power to the phone anyway

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Gadgetnut

Gadgetnut Junior Member

They should be able to tell you pretty quickly what the problem is. If you put your phone and battery in a different charger and it doesn't do it, then you know it's the charger. If you try a new battery in your old charger and it doesn't do it, then you know it's the battery. My guess is that it's your battery. Lithium Ion batteries aren't supposed to develop the dreaded "memory", but it's been my experience that they can. They aren't as bad as a Ni-Cad or NiMH, but it can happen. You're always better off waiting til the battery is almost dead (no more than one bar) before you recharge it.

7. Flyer00

Flyer00 Junior Member

Also make sure there's no crap on and of the connectors -- on both the charger and the phone. A friend had his phone in his pocket and some junk got on one of the connectors on the phone and I think he said he had the same problem as you. He cleaned it off and it worked again.