Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG AX8600 - tips to help battery life?

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by KKitchen63, Jun 30, 2009.

1. KKitchen63

KKitchen63 New Member

I have a used LG AX8600 that I bought to replace a busted AX275. Yeah, I know - you get what you pay for, but I didn't want to have to change my number just to replace an out-of-warranty handset. I was wondering if anyone had any tips or suggestions on setting up the AX8600 for best possible battery life. As things are right now, I'm lucky to get about 7-8 hours out of a charge. I currently am in the habit of bringing along a spare charged battery whenever I take the phone anywhere. Right now, my best option for this phone is to purchase a 1300mAh battery to replace the stock 700mAh unit. If anyone has experience with this phone's setup, can anyone offer some advice (short of using the phone as a catapult projectile)? As features and call quality go, I like this phone and would like to hang on to it if I can solve the battery issue.

2. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

Are you in a bad reception area? A tip that would help is keeping the screens turned off as long as possible. How much do you use the phone too?

3. KKitchen63

KKitchen63 New Member

I'm not in a bad area for reception - I have 80-100% signal strength almost all the time. I took a look at it and I think it may have been a programming issue. I reran the *228 programming protocol on my phone last night and charged it overnight. I have had the phone on and used it a few times over the course of the last six hours and it still has four bars on the battery indicator (by now, it would be down to one bar previously). Time will tell, but it looks like the problem may have solved itself.

4. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

Why would getting a new phone necessitate a number change?

5. KKitchen63

KKitchen63 New Member

I'm using a prepaid plan thru Alltel right now. With their service, I'd have to either pay about $200+ and purchase the handset outright or set up new service with a new handset to get the advertised prices for a handset. The handset that was replaced was two years old and out of warranty, so those were my options. Instead, I bought a "used" handset (that looked like it was fresh out of the box) online for about $35.

UPDATE: Phone's been off the charger about eleven hours now and still has a full charge. Looks like my little battery problem might be licked.:)

6. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

It could have been a bad battery and getting the new one helped. And I think he just didn't want to be in a contract period from the way I read it Bryan so if his income suddenly went kersplat and he had to drop his cell phone he could without the ETF.

7. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

Understood. If that was the case I was going to advise doing exactly what they did: buying a phone for a non-alltel source. Regardless it sounds like the situation worked itself out.