Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

LG AX565 question/ Getting it fixed

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by larson86, Sep 4, 2008.

1. larson86

larson86 New Member

My son went "swimming" with his new LG AX565. We dried it out for 7 days..turned it on and everything works on it with the exception of his being able to send and receive phone calls and messages.The screen states service is required. Alltell won't even discuss any options for fixing the phone since it got wet... BUT my question is.. if the phone is "fried" as they said then why does EVERYTHING on the phone work but the sending/receiving of phone. Is there anything we can do to fix this??? Or is it truly fried even though all the ring tones work, he can add contacts, take pictures etc with it?:confused:

2. royc

royc Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V262
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Alltel)
    The radio circuitry is ruined and the phone really is not repairable.

Your best course is to buy a used phone on eBay. Search for an Alltel branded phone (not Verizon, Sprint, etc.). Check the seller's feedback. I usually look for a 98% or better feedback rating. Ask the seller for the ESN before buying the phone. Call 1-800-ALLTEL1 and ask a customer service rep to check the ESN to be sure that the phone can be activated (not stolen, unpaid account balance, etc.). Then buy the phone if everything checks out.

After you get the phone, call 1-800-ALLTEL1 to have it activated.

royc

3. dolphin_crazed

dolphin_crazed Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Diamond
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel; Verizon Wireless
    It seems that the "service required" is a new side effect of a phone getting wet. I had an LG 4500 w/ VZW that only got a little water exposure, but the phone went into "Car Kit Mode" and I had to use a hands free kit on it for me to hear the ringer....or be able to hear or be heard on the phone. There were some other phones that did a similar "headset" setting activated when there was no headset plugged into them when the phone had been exposed to liquid.

Unfortunately, the manufacturer won't cover liquid damage of any kind. They would only cover something that causes the phone to not work that could be considered the manufacturer's fault.

4. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

Do you have Productguard Plus?